Residential Support Workers required for a special school for boys and girls aged 11 to 18, who are experiencing Social, Emotional and Behavioural difficulties. The school also supports pupils whose wellbeing is affected by Asperger or Tourette’s Syndrome, Moderate Learning Difficulties, Dyslexia or moderate Speech and Language Difficulties. They also accept pupils who might experience other difficulties that can have an impact on their social, emotional, behavioural or learning difficulties.
Fancy a care position with no weekend working, excellent career progression opportunities and a fantastic working ethos? Then read on...
The role is term-time only, comprising of a 44 hour week with sleep in enhancements. and you will work a mixture of early and evening shifts from Monday to Friday. As a Residential Support Worker, you will work under the guidance of senior staff to provide a safe and supportive environment to the service users. The role will involve exposure to challenging behaviours. You will work closely to all internal and external policy and procedure, showing a willingness to ensure the service meets Ofsted requirements and the National Minimum Standards.
Residential Support Worker Criteria:
- Relevant social care experience, ideally within a residential care setting
- Passionate about working with young people with learning disabilities
- Calm and composed when faced with behaviours that challenge
- Ability to work a mixture of morning and evening shifts
- Driving Licence due to rural location of the service
- Fantastic opportunity to work within a well-established, secure and reputable company
- No weekend or holiday working!
- Strong support structures from management staff
- Opportunity to develop to Senior Residential Support Worker roles and above
If this role sounds of interest to you please apply now with your CV and we will be in touch asap for an initial discussion.
- Residential Care
- Special Needs
- Support Workers
- Autism Spectrum Disorders