Highfield Recruitment Solutions are currently seeking a Resident Engineer to work on major Highways projects based in Solihull.
Our client are a leading firm of Project Managers, Development Consultants and Consulting Engineers. Our client provides multi-disciplinary consultancy services on a diverse range of strategic development, infrastructure and regeneration projects.
Our client is seeking a Senior Resident Engineer / Project Manager to work on a major highway improvement and residential development sites in and around the Solihull area.
The successful candidate will need to have a minimum of 10 years' experience working on highway schemes, with the following background being essential:
- Recording daily contractor activities both in written and photographic form.
- Have a full understanding of Project programming activities. (MPP)
- Preparing and issuing weekly reports in word format to the Employer.
- Chairing monthly progress meetings and assisting with preparing and circulating meeting minutes.
- There will be a strong emphasis on inspecting the works from a H&S role and providing input where necessary to the CDMC including preparing and administering site traffic management plans.
- Must have good experience of overseeing highways, in-situ concrete structures services and drainage works to adoptable standards.
- Familiarity with ICE and ICC Contract documents would be an advantage.
- Must be able to read and understand construction drawings effectively.
- Communicate effectively with the contractor, local authority, utility companies and the public when required. Engaging with the local community.
- Liaising with approving bodies with a view to the adoption of the works.
- Able to make decisions and issue instructions as required.
- Must have strong design co-ordination skills
For more information about this position, please call Jo Ireland at Highfield Professional Solutions on , otherwise click apply now.