Our client, Merck Chemicals Ltd, are currently seeking a highly motivated and enthusiastic Research Scientist with an extensive hands-on experience in multistep organic synthesis to join their organic photovoltaics synthesis team.
- Carry out the design, synthesis, purification and analysis of new materials for commercial applications.
- Use your ability, experience and knowledge to develop novel materials and an in-depth understanding of the parameters which control performance and quality.
- You will work with a talented multi-disciplinary team of people, contribute to the generation of intellectual property and support product scale-up and initial introduction to customers.
- Degree (preferably PhD) in chemistry or chemical engineering in the field of organic synthesis plus applicable experience
- Extensive hands-on experience in the synthesis and purification of aromatic compounds as well as conjugated polymers
- Experience in the field of organic electronic applications would be an advantage
- The successful candidate should be used to common analytical tools such as NMR, HPLC and GCMS.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job