If you love all things WordPress and WooCommerce, have a great track-record developing completely custom WooCommerce and WordPress websites—then we want you on our team.
This is an amazing opportunity for an experienced developer to join our growing web design studio. You will take a lead in projects where your skills and passion will be critical in order to help develop our client’s businesses. You’ll get to shape the direction the company takes when it comes to WooCommerce / WordPress web development.
We’re looking for someone who already has a proven track-record developing custom WooCommerce & WordPress websites, who can hit the ground running. You’ll know all about hooks, actions and filters, keep up to date with WordPress features and releases, be super-comfortable writing code in PHP and JS and have the ability to modify and even create plugins from scratch.
Who are we?
We’re a web design studio who believe in an approach called "Growth-Driven Design", where we work with clients on an ongoing basis to help them refine and improve their websites and e-commerce stores based on data. It’s a smarter approach that gets results and makes what we do rewarding, as we see the sites we work on grow and prosper.
We believe our team is the key to ours and our client’s success, and we invest in our people where possible, carving out time for online learning and even putting team members through training outside of work to help develop their skill set.
Above all else, we want passionate, well-rounded people on our team, so if that is you, we can’t wait to hear from you!
We’re based in Shaftesbury in Dorset, but this position would be predominantly remote working as we don’t want the location to restrict the talent of our team. We may require you to pop into the office for occasional client meetings, training, or just for a coffee, a chat and a change or scenery.
- At least 2 years in a similar web development position.
- Expert WooCommerce & WordPress knowledge.
- Knowledge of e-commerce best practices and online shopping behaviour.
- Able to lead web development projects from inception to completion, collaborating with our designers and developers.
- Confident leading technical discussions in client meetings and scoping out client requirements face-to-face as well as over the phone.
- Team player.
- Professional, energetic and enthusiastic.
- A keen eye for detail.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Well rounded with lots of interests outside of work too.
- Active participation in team whiteboarding sessions when we kick-off a new project.
- Overseeing the creation of design concepts for e-commerce shops and brochure websites, ensuring what we’re proposing is achievable in code.
- Developing WooCommerce shops and WordPress websites from Sketch and Photoshop files provided.
- Maintaining WooCommerce & WordPress websites, ensuring they are secure, backed-up and up-to-date.
- Offering support to our clients and spotting opportunities to develop their brands online.
- Being able to analyse data for our clients from sources such as GoogleAnalytics, HotJar and Google Search Console and advise them based on the findings.
- Optimising websites for use on mobile devices and ensuring they are always quick to load.
- Training clients on the WordPress and Woocommerce websites you have built.
- Writing clean, concise, easy to manage code; styles using preprocessors, such as Sass.
- Using GIT version control software, such as BitBucket, and browser testing websites using Browserstack to check for multi-browser compatibility.
- There is the potential to build web apps for our existing clients, so experience with JS frameworks would be a big plus!
Core working hours & benefits
- Mon - Fri / 9am - 5pm - flexible hours are negotiable.
- Birthday off as standard.
- 22 days paid holiday allowance + bank holidays.
- Pension scheme to help you save for the future.
- Office Nintendo Switch for some team bonding.
- Office Spotify account to get you into your groove!
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job