Our service delivery team in Frinton-on-Sea are looking for an enthusiastic Relief Support Worker to join their team to support adults with a learning disability.
As Relief Support Worker your role will be to provide support to adults with a learning disability. You will be expected to prepare care plans, update and review as necessary. You will be actively involved in promoting and encouraging the people we support to make their own choices in everything they do. Some of these activities will include;
• Assisting with cooking and cleaning
• Trips out into the community
• Managing monthly finances
• Visiting friends and family
• General life skills training
As a relief support worker you will be able to work the shifts that suit you and your life, although a degree of flexibility is desirable as the service shifts include days, evening, sleeps ins and weekend work.
Ultimately we are looking for someone with a 'can-do' attitude, who is enthusiastic, patient and has good transferable skills, and most importantly who is committed and passionate about changing the lives of people with learning disability. This is a challenging role however can be incredibly rewarding if you are the right type of person.
What's more, you will be managed by a supportive team manager and the service itself is one of the most dynamic and professional services within Mencap. The manager leads by example and demands that all her Support Workers demonstrate a genuine passion for this sector.
In exchange for your help to achieve these core values we will ensure that you get the training and development that you deserve.
Do you have what it takes to join this dynamic and professional team? Is so, we look forward to hearing from you today!
*An enhanced DBS will be required for each successful candidate (paid for by Mencap)
*Drivers are desirable but not essential
Job reference 12203
We believe that all employees are amazing and we wouldn't be able to achieve what we do without them. Here are just some of the ways we would value and invest in you.
- Amazing Induction
- Access to award winning training and development
- Pension contributions into NEST Scheme on a salary sacrifice basis meaning NI savings*
- Tax free child care vouchers via salary sacrifice scheme for working parents
- Discounts and cashback at high street shops including major supermarkets, cinemas, gyms, leisure/theme parks, holidays and much more via Mencapextras
- Opportunity to purchase a health cash plan to claim towards dental, glasses, therapy etc.
- Free access to round the clock employee assistance program for advice and support
- Quarterly award scheme and recognition at every 5 years through our YouRock program
*T&C's apply based on contract
Mencap is the leading voice of learning disability. Our vision is a world where people with a learning disability are valued equally, listened to and included.
Everyone wants a purposeful job - to do something really meaningful. At Mencap, we can give you that. You'll make new friends and feel inspired to reach your potential. We'll ask a lot of you - but you'll get back so much more. With us, it's never 'just a job'.
Support workers have a massive impact on the lives of the people they support. You can help us to make a difference to the lives of people with a learning disability here and now.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job