Are you looking for a support worker role minus the personal care aspect?
Do you enjoy looking good and leading an active social life? Are you a female with similar interests?
"Help us to lead fulfilling lives; take part in the activities we enjoy and to feel safe within the community".
We are currently seeking relief support workers to work across services in North Walsham, Salhouse and Wroxham.
You will be supporting individuals living either within one of our supported living services or within their own flat. Some of their favourite things to do are going shopping; arts and crafts activities; going on nights out to clubs with their friends; and spending time with their boyfriends. Three of the individuals you will be supporting have boyfriends who are very important to them.
The people we support like to live as independently as possible so the support they require is more around prompting; encouragement and supporting the individuals to make their own choices. Some of the individuals need observation when taking medication but do not require you to administer it. You will also be supporting with day to day things like finances; household duties such as cleaning; and to prepare and cook healthy meals.
They would love someone who is friendly; sociable; and likes to get involved. Due to their busy social lives; being transported to activities and meeting with friends is important. They would like you to share ideas around the type of environment they live in enabling them to live calm and stress free.
Work when you choose across various shifts to include; days, evenings, weekends and sleep-ins.
Vacancy ID: 12132
We believe that all employees are amazing and we wouldn't be able to achieve what we do without them. Here are just some of the ways we would value and invest in you.
- Amazing Induction
- Access to award winning training and development
- Pension contributions into NEST Scheme on a salary sacrifice basis meaning NI savings*
- Tax free child care vouchers via salary sacrifice scheme for working parents
- Discounts and cashback at high street shops including major supermarkets, cinemas, gyms, leisure/theme parks, holidays and much more via Mencapextras
- Opportunity to purchase a health cash plan to claim towards dental, glasses, therapy etc.
- Free access to round the clock employee assistance program for advice and support
- Quarterly award scheme and recognition at every 5 years through our YouRock program
*T&C's apply based on contract
Mencap is the leading voice of learning disability. Our vision is a world where people with a learning disability are valued equally, listened to and included.
Everyone wants a purposeful job - to do something really meaningful. At Mencap, we can give you that. You'll make new friends and feel inspired to reach your potential. We'll ask a lot of you - but you'll get back so much more. With us, it's never 'just a job'.
Support workers have a massive impact on the lives of the people they support. You can help us to make a difference to the lives of people with a learning disability here and now.
- support worker
- care worker