BMI Healthcare has a reputation based on 30 years of clinical excellence and commitment to our patients and staff. Our mission is to deliver exceptional experiences for the patients treated in hospitals throughout the UK – and to do that, we need exceptional people.
BMI Healthcare’s Hendon Hospital has a vacancy for a Registered Nurse - Outpatients (Bank) to join their team of staff in the Outpatients department.
This is a bank role working on an “as and when required” basis, you will be required to supplement staffing levels during busy periods and provide cover for existing staff in times of annual leave or absence. The department operating hours are Monday – Friday, 08.00-21.00; Saturday 08.00-14.00.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
- Registered Nurse with NMC registration
- Good general education
- Experience from working within an Outpatient department
- Evidence of relevant professional development
- Qualified to perform venepuncture and holds an up to date Blood Transfusion Venepuncture assessment and perform an ECG
- Trained and skilled in performing specific ophthalmic tests desirable
- Excellent communication skills – verbal, non-verbal, written and telephone manner, able to manage customers’ expectations
- Ability to contribute to the dissemination of good practice by participating in teaching and learning activities (Academic qualification in Teaching and Assessing in clinical Practice Desirable)
- Appraisal skills desirable
Duties of this role include:
- Assists in management of the Outpatient Services which include Hendon Hospital Outpatients treatment room, consulting rooms, clinical speciality clinics, phlebotomy and pre-admission clinics and the Pathology Co-ordinators service.
- Proactively promotes the development of new services and departmental objectives in response to changes in the local and national healthcare environment.
- Provides an encouraging presence to all members of the Outpatient team, identifying and facilitating training needs to advance individual clinical skills, knowledge and competencies which contribute to the delivery of efficient and effective services to all Outpatient areas.
- Maximise the positive cultural environment of the Outpatient department by supporting and motivating staff to create a committed, flexible and intelligent workforce.
- Initiate treatment or intervention for any patient seen by nursing staff in the treatment room that require further clinical assessment of care, assessing information or assistance from different areas of the hospital
- Be able to prepare and assist consultants with minor surgical procedures
- Have an up to date knowledge of caring for a variety of wounds, which include routine surgical wounds, cosmetic and graph site wounds and ulcers. Clinical knowledge should include recent research and evidence of the appropriate use of wound dressings
- Experienced at venepuncture with underpinning knowledge of blood sciences and transfusion requirements
- Competent at performing ECG’s with underpinning knowledge
- Competent to perform ophthalmic tests – intraocular lens measurements and ocular refractions
- Have knowledge and skills to assist with clinical investigations and procedures in clinics, these include gynaecological, oral maxillofacial, ENT, orthopaedics and gastroenterology clinics
- Decontamination of equipment and maintaining an audit trail associated with equipment and specimens
- Teach and mentor less experienced staff nurses and Healthcare Assistants
- Help implement new areas of departmental services, so the Outpatient Department continues to improve and develop
- Report, investigate and document incidents, accidents or complaints in accordance with hospital policy
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
Salary & Benefits:
BMI Healthcare offers a competitive hourly rate.
If you would like to apply for this opportunity, please complete our brief online application form and ensure to upload the most recent copy of CV. We aim to respond to your application within 14 days of the closing date.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job