We provide a range of environments for those who need extra support to live independently, from young people and those with disabilities, to the elderly in extra care schemes. Our strength lies in the quality of our people and we employ those who share our aims.
Registered Nurse - Bank
Sidegate Lane, Ipswich
£15.12 per hour (rising to £15.92 after 12 months, subject to satisfactory performance)
Hours as and when required
Why work for us?
We support vulnerable people to live as independently as possible, by building their confidence and skills to realise their potential.
We are a national organisation but we think locally. We support people through supported housing, move-on accommodation, CQC registered services and floating support. We specialise in services for young people, homeless families and individuals, people with physical disabilities, learning disabilities and people with mental health needs.
We are looking to recruit a Bank Registered Nurse to join our Sidegate Lane Nursing home and make a real difference to the lives of our residents. Our Nursing Home is a friendly, welcoming and care personalised environment, providing support to 24 people with mental health needs and/or dementia. If you have excellent interpersonal skills and thrive on making a positive difference to peoples lives, then come and join our established team and be part of something rewarding.
Read more about Sidegate Lane Nursing Home here
The role of Registered Nurse – Bank will include:
- Preparing and monitoring client care plans and supervising the delivery of these, ensuring these meet the needs of the individuals and are adjusted as appropriate
- Acting as an advocate for clients when liaising with multi-agency teams, ensuring their best interests and rights are promoted and protected
- Building and maintaining close working relationships with clients, their families/guardians and relevant agency-teams to ensure the best care is delivered
- Assisting in the recruitment, performance and development of quality staff to ensure they operate to a high standard
- Involvement in quality, risk, health and progress assessments, ensuring legislative, regulatory and business standards are maintained
Skills and experiences required for the role include:
- A relevant qualification e.g. Registered Mental Health Nurse or Registered Learning Disability Nurse is essential
- Comprehensive experience of working with a similar client group e.g. mental health or dementia is essential
- Excellent interpersonal skills allowing you to build strong and professional working relationships
- Some knowledge of relevant legislation and its application is desirable
- Recent experience of supervising clinical staff would be beneficial
- Own transport beneficial but not essential.
Ready to join us?
As part of our commitment to making Sanctuary a great place to work, we offer a comprehensive reward and benefits package appropriate for the role that you do, including:
- Health and well-being plans
- A variety of online discounts and rewards from major retailers
- A wide range of learning and development opportunities
Read the full job profile here
Closing Date: 2 October 2018
We reserve the right depending on application numbers to close or extend the closing dates for positions; we would therefore recommend an early application.
For an insight into what it’s like to work for us, take a look at #LifeatSanctuary on Twitter
Building Equality and Diversity
We work closely with the Home Office in order to prevent illegal working.
An enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check will be necessary in the event of a successful application which we will pay for.
Sanctuary Supported Living is a trading name of Sanctuary Housing Association and Sanctuary Home Care Limited, both exempt charities.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"