REGIONAL SALES MANAGER - UK and Ireland
(This job description summarises the purpose and the role and lists its key tasks. It is not a definite list of all the tasks to be undertaken, as those can be varied from time to time at the discretion of Company Management)
Head Office : Ireland
Industry/Sector: Construction Consultancy / Commissioning / Energy
Territory to Cover : UK & Ireland
Salary : £60,000 - £70,000 (+30% OTE)
Reporting To : Global VP Of Sales
Objective of Role :
To provide support towards revenue growth within the clients current business with a view to expanding sales by identification and development of new customer accounts through sales and commercial activities as per company sales strategy.
- Profiles industries and customers to identify the best prospects for our services.
- Maintains a close awareness of competitor activities in the assigned territory and reports anything of interest
- Maintains an up to date knowledge of clients and industry products and services
- Meets targets for sales order intake from assigned territory/product line with a drive to expand company's profitability.
- Define a clear strategy for accounts/territory assigned that is aligned with clients business strategy.
- Manages appropriate tracking to scope prospect's potential for qualification.
- In conjunction with Management, develops a bid strategy for each opportunity/enquiry, including bid/decline decisions, service packaging, pricing and terms and conditions
- Clearly communicates the features and benefits of our products and services and how they will meet client needs.
- Successfully negotiates and closes deals with customers
- Is proactive in maintaining customer satisfaction. Works with BUs and others to ensure we deliver our product/service in a way that meets customer needs
- Recruits, trains, supports and motivates sales agents strictly adhering to company guidelines for commercial intermediaries
- Assigns responsibilities to country agents; sets budgets/targets and clear action plans
- Supervises and monitors agent's performance
- Maintains details of assigned Accounts and full details of relevant opportunities on CRM (Salesforce) system, including equipment listings; key decision-makers and their orientation, competitors and relevant progress updates.
- Develops and maintains positive relationships with key Accounts and maintains a close awareness of their plans, needs and perception of the clients business. Acts to maintain a positive view.
- Produces routine activity and other reports as required
- Other responsibilities and activities as may be assigned from time to time
- All other duties as assigned.
Key Success Factors for Job Holder :
- Sales Order Intake against assigned targets .
- Average win ratios as per company standards
- Numbers of new opportunities generated.
- Customer visit frequency.
- Ability to devise proper bid strategies with informed market intelligence
- CRM /data integrity and routine reporting metrics.
- Key accounts management as applicable.
Atrributes Required :
- English language
- Computer skills (Microsoft Office)
- Power Market Construction Knowledge (Combined Cycle, Biomass, Waste to EnergyGas Turbines, Steam Turbines, Generators, Compressors)
- Sales and Customer Management
- Commercial awareness and sound decision making
- Negotiation and Financially astute
- Communication & Interpersonal skills
- Written and Oral English communication skills
- Document control
Experience and Education required :
- Bachelor's Degree holder
- Experience in UK & Ireland Energy Construction Markets
- Experience with sales or engineering in Company's products and services.
Health, Safety & Environmental Responsibilities :
- Comply with all relevant safety, environmental and quality management systems and procedures at all times.
- Ensure all accidents / incidents / near misses / hazards are immediately reported and that all relevant paperwork is completed.
- Actively support and develop a culture where everyone embraces, upholds and accepts responsibility for a safe workplace, a healthy working life, a sustainable environment and the right and duty to intervene.
Additional Notes :
- May require travel across the UK, Ireland and EU
Please note you will receive an automated response advising you that we have received your CV.
Hudson is a leading provider of permanent recruitment, contract professionals and talent management solutions worldwide.
We are committed to ensuring that all job applicants are treated equally, without discrimination because of gender, sexual orientation, marital or civil partner status, gender reassignment, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability or age.
- Sales Management
- Senior Sales