We have an exciting opportunity for a fresh thinking Safety Professional to join the Safety Team with our clients who are one of the UK's leading Mail and freight business
Your role will be supporting the local management at sites with shaping and delivering their safety strategies.
Do you have a passion for people and experience of influencing senior leadership teams and engaging colleagues across all levels of a business.
We are looking for a Health and Safety Professional to join the business to help achieve the safety vision of everyone going home safe, every single day.
You will look after a number of branches in a geographical area supporting a number of our Regional Managers to help them understand the trends in their business and work with them to develop and roll out regional improvement actions as well as working on business wide Health and Safety improvement programmes.
Another important part of the role includes carrying out Coaching Safety Review visits, incident investigations and safety development training.
This role has a high degree of autonomy and given the risk levels of our businesses we are particularly keen to hear from safety professionals with at least IOSH qualifications who are eager to develop their career in an organisation that passionately cares about the safety its colleagues, customers and suppliers.
- Work with the Head of Health and Safety, to develop the health and safety strategy and associated annual delivery plan.
- Guide and coach Regional Directors/Depot General Managers, Depot Management in all aspects of safety leadership and performance.
• Integration of safety into business operations
• Leadership behaviours
• Accident Investigation
• Risk Management
• Managing preventative and corrective actions
• Stay Safe Committees and forums
- Deliver a variety of health and safety related training in accordance with the divisional delivery plan.
- Deliver Stay Safe Reviews at depots along with appropriate post audit support in accordance with the annual plan.
This is a vital and varied role within our businesses and it is a great opportunity to utilise your strong influencing skills from your current Health & Safety advisory/business partnering experience.
Along with the above, you’ll also have:
- A full UK driving license (this role will involve travel to various sites)
- Nebosh Diploma or Equivalent
- IOSH qualification
In return you will get:
- Base salary £35k
- Car or car allowance
Please send your details to SteffanGriffiths at Macgregor Cavendish
- Contact: SteffanGriffiths
- Reference: Totaljobs/Steffan/H&S Manager /North East
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job