Do you have excellent people management skills coupled with great operations experience? Passionate and driven but lack challenge in your current role? If the answer is YES, our client are recruiting for a Site Manager in Luton and they want to hear from you!
Our client was established 70 years ago and has since grown into the largest regional commercial waste management and recycling company in the Herts, Beds, Bucks & Northants area.
What will I be responsible for?
Joining the team as a Site Manager, you will be responsible for overseeing the day to day management of a busy recycling facility that handles segregated recyclate and WEEE. Daily tasks will include:
- Maintenance of all records (internal and for external bodies e.g. LOLER testing)
- Ensuring the Health and Safety of all employees
- Smooth running of the facility, facilitate PPM and oversee all vehicles coming in and out of the site
- Efficient and effective processing of recyclable streams
- Liaison with customers and regulators as required on site
- Organise and supervise external contractors and 3rd parties on site
- Maintain continuity of operations in line with exemptions
- Carry out waste classification & characterisation
- Control of costs in line with budgetary requirements
- Stock control and accurate record keeping
Who is the ideal candidate?
As the ideal Site Manager, you will require a working knowledge of UK Waste Legislation and also a forklift license. As well as:
- WAMITAB qualification desirable (or working towards)
- Knowledge of WEEE and its characteristics desirable
- IOSH desirable however the Company will provide training
- Intermediate IT skills – Outlook, Word, Excel, Powerpoint
- Numerical ability - data analysis, reporting
- Excellent H&S awareness and legal compliance
- Organisational and time management skills
Rewards & Benefits
In return for your rewarding work as a Site Manager, you can expect a Competitive salary per annum as well as a range of benefits including:
- 21 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Subsidised gym membership
- Cycle to work scheme
- Auto Enrolment pension scheme
If you share these values and have the drive and enthusiasm to help us fulfil the vision, please click APPLY, to register your interest of Site Manager!The vacancy you have applied for is being advertised by CVWOW Ltd, the UK's leading, award winning recruitment specialist. No terminology in this advert is intended to be deemed discriminatory. We are happy to accept applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their age, gender, race, religion, disability, sexual orientation or marital status. Full terms and conditions of the CVWOW business can be found on our website.
- Waste Management
- Site Manager