Ramp Agent / Baggage Handler - Gatwick Airport
For 25 years, customers in the UK and overseas have partnered with First Choice Staff to find the best talent for their business. Our Aviation Division supplies temporary and permanent staff along with standalone referencing services at all UK airports, working with Airlines, Ground Handlers, Aviation Support Service Providers, Retailers, Airline Caterers, Cargo Handlers ……………….and more !
We are currently recruiting for the following exciting vacancy:-
Ramp Agent / Baggage Handlers to work at Gatwick Airport.
Temporary, Temporary to Permanent and Permanent positions available.
The role involves providing a high level of service and accuracy to support aircraft turnarounds, whilst presenting a professional corporate image, ensuring that all company procedures are adhered to, total customer satisfaction and a significant contribution to the team is achieved. Full training is provided for this vacancy.
You MUST meet the following criteria to apply:-
- 5 Years UK checkable history (employment and/or education and/or unemployment)
- No unspent Criminal Convictions (subject to the rehabilitation of offenders act)
- Full Manual UK/EU Driving Licence (Max 6 points, free of and Drink Drive and Insurance Convictions)
- Min 18 years of age
Key responsibilities, duties and attributes of a Ramp Agent / Baggage Handler:-
- Airside driving to transport baggage and cargo between terminal buildings and aircraft.
- Working indoors and outdoors in all weather conditions to sort, load and unload cargo and baggage to and from the aircraft.
- Working as a team member in a manual environment that involves continuous heavy lifting.
- Driving large vehicles airside (training provided) and working with mechanical equipment such as baggage belts, high loaders and scissor lifts.
- Communicate effectively with fellow team members.
- Have a flexible approach to work including flexibility to work a variety of hours and shifts.
- You must have excellent attention to detail along with good standard of numeracy and literacy and be able to communicate fluently (written and oral) in English.
- Starting Salary - £18,000 to £23,000 depending on experience (including shift pay and bonus)
- Hours - 37.5 hours per week (overtime as and when required) you will be required to working between 04.00 and 23.30 including weekends an bank holidays.
- Shifts - You will be required to be flexible to work a selection of shift patterns that could include - 4 on 4 off, 5 on 2 off and 6 on 3 off.
- Customer Satisfaction
- Flexible Approach