BMI Hendon Hospital in Hendon is part of BMI Healthcare, Britain's leading provider of independent healthcare with a nationwide network of hospitals & clinics performing more complex surgery than any other private healthcare provider in the country.
We have an opportunity for a Radiographer to join their team of staff in the Imaging department.
This is a Part time role for 22.5 hours a week. The role holder will be required to cover a flexible shift pattern. As rostered.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
- BSC or Diploma in Diagnostic Radiography
- State Registration - Health Professions Council (HPC)
- Radiographic skills -MRI and x-ray
- Health and safety and radiation protection and safety knowledge.
- Up-to date knowledge of current radiographic techniques and equipment.
- Good customer/patient care skills (verbally).
- Telephone/reception/computer skills.
- Decision making and organisational skills
Duties of this role include:
- To carry out a full range of general and specialised radiographic procedures maintained to high technical and patient care standards, and to apply the lowest radiation doses possible consistent with good diagnostic images, and a safe environment.
- To be involved in and responsible for the efficient and safe operation of the Imaging Centre, and to provide the highest standard of service possible to all our customers.
- Manage and plan individual investigations required, and follow the instructions of the supervisory radiologist/radiographer.
- Produce images to a previously agreed standard, using techniques that produce the lowest radiation dose to the patient and staff.
- Practice good radiation protection and safety, and observe "local rules" and “systems of work".
- To administer Intravenous cannulation and injection of substances (contrast administration).
- Manage the designated working area and ensure that it is tidy, clean and efficiently run.
- Participate in and support the Imaging Centre's business plan, and goals and objectives.
- Undertake other non-radiographic duties as necessary.
- Report all equipment malfunctions or faults to the manager or R.P.S. and if necessary undertake any further action to ensure the safe operation of the equipment.
- Participate in and contribute to Quality Assurance tests within the Imaging Centre.
- Maintain a high standard of customer/patient care and ensure as a team member that this is maintained throughout the Imaging Centre and hospital.
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
Salary & Benefits:
BMI Healthcare offers a competitive starting salary and offers access to a wide range of employee benefits, including:
- BMI Healthcare Scheme
- Childcare Vouchers
- Staff Pension Scheme
- 25 days holiday per annum
If you would like to apply for this opportunity, please complete our brief online application form and ensure to upload the most recent copy of CV. We aim to respond to your application within 14 days of the closing date.