BMI Healthcare has a reputation based on 30 years of clinical excellence and commitment to our patients and staff. Our mission is to deliver exceptional experiences for the patients treated in hospitals throughout the UK – and to do that, we need exceptional people.
BMI Healthcare’s Beardwood Hospital in Blackburn and Gisburne Park in Gisburn has a vacancy for a Radiographer to join their team of staff in the Imaging department.
This is a bank role working on an “as and when required” basis, you will be required to supplement staffing levels during busy periods and provide cover for existing staff in times of annual leave or absence.
This role will be working across both BMI Beardwood and BMI Gisburne Park Hospital.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
- Degree or Diploma in Diagnostic Radiography.
- Healthcare Professionals Council (HCPC) registration.
- A general radiographic background / training.
- IT systems familiarity e.g. RIS / PACS.
- Knowledge of the healthcare service sector and the systems and processes used.
- Previous experience working within the acute healthcare sector.
- Experience of customer care, including interacting with challenging customers and situations.
- Acts on own initiative and problem solves utilising resources available.
- Strong organisational and planning skills, including risk management.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Good team worker
Duties of this role include:
- To actively participate in the efficient and safe operation of the Imaging Department, providing a consistent, high quality service to all patients and visitors.
- To carry out general and specialised radiographic procedures within their scope of competence as agreed with the Clinical Services Manager - Imaging / Clinical Lead to high technical and quality standards, assessing patients & interpreting clinical requirements to determine appropriate radiographic techniques.
- Undertake imaging examinations in line with department operational procedures and policies, using techniques that produce the lowest radiation dose to the patient and staff whilst producing high quality, diagnostic images.
- Practise good radiation, protection and safety and observe Local Rules and Systems of Work.
- Comply with departmental IRMER and Radiation Safety Policies & Procedures.
- Manage the designated working area and ensure that it is tidy, clean and efficiently run.
- Use initiative to prioritise, deliver and time-manage workload effectively.
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
Salary & Benefits:
BMI Healthcare offers a competitive hourly rate.
If you would like to apply for this opportunity, please complete our brief online application form and ensure to upload the most recent copy of CV. We aim to respond to your application within 14 days of the closing date.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'