This is a great opportunity for an R&D Chemist with some prior industrial experience of organic chemistry at a speciality chemical firm in the North East. The R&D Chemist role is ideal for recent graduates in a relevant chemistry field with a placement year industry and the successful appointment will be able to build a broad process-related skillset for excellent career progression potential.
Your day to day duties as a R&D Chemist will be:
- Researching and developing routes from lab to plant scale manufacture of chemical products
- Use of common analytical methods towards in-process and quality control procedures
- Liaising with production staff to ensure reproducibility
- Research into new revenue streams
You will be an ideal candidate with this background:
- A degree, or higher, in a chemistry-related field
- A track record in synthetic chemistry in the laboratory
- A good team-working approach
This client is already shortlisting for the role so I would like you to apply immediately with a CV (Word document format, 2 pages maximum) so as to not miss out on the opportunity.
Note my client is unable to sponsor visas for those without eligibility to work in the UK.
Why should you work with Dr Paul Mears as your scientific specialist recruiter at Science Solutions?
I focus solely on matching scientists to positions in the UK speciality chemical industry, which is where my own experience and network position me best given a background working in the speciality chemicals and fragrance and flavours sectors. I completed academic studies with a PhD in organic chemistry at the University of Manchester, which followed a BSc in the University of Leeds' famous Colour & Polymer Chemistry department. Following a short post-doctoral research post I built up three years' experience in recruiting scientists into new jobs. Full references and testimonials of successful assignments such as Technical Directors, Heads of Operations and quick turnarounds for urgent laboratory needs can be found on my LinkedIn profile - search Paul Mears.
- process chemistry; organic chemistry; scale up; pilot plant; kilo lab; synthesis; synthetic; methodology; speciality; fine; chemicals
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'