Do you have a great knowledge of quarry operations, shotfiring and blast design? Passionate and driven but lack challenge in your current role? If the answer is YES, our client are recruiting for a Quarry/ Explosive Supervisor to join the team at their Hendre Quarry site and they want to hear from you!
Our client believes their people are the business. They offer an extensive range of career development opportunities and industry-leading rewards. Joining our team as a Quarry/ Explosive Supervisor, you will be entitled to a highly competitive basic salary and a great range of benefits including:
- Preferential overtime rate
- Bonus scheme
- 25 days holiday
- Contributory pension scheme
- Free uniform and PPE
- Free parking
- Access to the Tarmac rewards website with discounts on retailers, holidays, etc.
- Access to our Employee Assistance helpline for free and confidential advice on a whole range of issues
- Training and development opportunities
Who are our client looking for?
As the ideal Quarry/ Explosive Supervisor, you will have an SHE qualification and proven blasting experience. You will be able to demonstrate knowledge / experience of: Risk assessment, method statement, permit to work and other risk management documentation prior to undertaking a task. You will also have the following skills / experience:
- Previous practical experience in all aspects of quarrying operations from extraction to restoration.
- Experience in a supervisory role is essential
- Good understanding of plant and machinery, including maintenance planning
- Legal compliance with inspection of statuary equipment
- Data manipulation to identify areas of performance opportunity
- Microsoft word, excel, PowerPoint and Google
What will I be responsible for?
Joining the team as a Quarry/ Explosive Supervisor, you will be responsible for ensuring Development, Blasting and operational targets are delivered to optimise production plans, quality and cost. On a daily basis, this will involve:
- Holding daily pre-start safety meetings with the team
- Creating development, blasting and production plans with management team
Our client is the UK’s leading sustainable building materials and construction solutions business. Their innovative products and solutions not only deliver the infrastructure needed to grow the UK economy today but also help to create a more sustainable built environment for the country’s long-term future.
If you share our client’s values and have the drive and enthusiasm to help them fulfil their vision, they would like to meet you. Please click APPLY below now to register your interest in the role of Quarry/ Explosive Supervisor!The vacancy you have applied for is being advertised by CVWOW Ltd, the UK's leading, award winning recruitment specialist. No terminology in this advert is intended to be deemed discriminatory. We are happy to accept applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their age, gender, race, religion, disability, sexual orientation or marital status. Full terms and conditions of the CVWOW business can be found on our website.