Role: Quantity Surveyor
Salary: £30,000-£40,000 per annum
As the Quantity Surveyor your core responsibilities will include:
- Administer and enforce business commercial procedures
- Produce monthly contract cost value reports
- Production and negotiation of monthly and final applications for payment
- Placing and subsequent financial management of sub-contract agreements
- Provide assistance, guidance and support to the operational teams in the areas of: Contract Compliance. The financial impact of decisions; Value maximisation/cost saving techniques; Procurement strategy
- Work with operational and technical teams to establish, monitor and update benchmark and target delivery rates;
- Ensure the works contractual risks are: (a) highlighted prior to signing, and (b) communicated effectively to both senior managers and the project teams;
- Ensure all contractual notifications and procedures are correctly in place and adhered to by the project team;
- Accurately monitor, forecast and report project cost and value;
- Ensure all contractual notifications are correctly in place;
- Assist senior managers in the production of the monthly management accounts;
- Produce, submit and negotiate both interim and final applications for payment;
- Ensure additional works are notified, measured and valued in line with contractual, industry and business requirements;
- Assessment and payment of sub-contract valuations and invoices in line with contractual, industry and business requirements (including the issuing of notifications);
- Place all sub-contract orders in line with main contract, industry standards and business requirements;
- Maximise works profitability
- Minimise commercial risks.
The successful candidate:
Will have proven experience in a QS role in the building industry.
- Essential - Degree in Quantity Surveying
- Essential - Full UK Driving Licence
- Desirable - Professional / chartered membership of RICS or CIOB
- Desirable - At least 3 years experience within the construction industry
Glu Recruit are an equal opportunities employer.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'