We are currently recruiting for a Quantity Surveyor to join a leading Construction company specialising in the offsite modular building industry. Based in Newark, our client operate in the MOD, Hotel, Education, Student Accommodation, Commercial and Retail sectors and require another Quantity Surveyor to join the team due to continued growth.
Reporting to the Senior Quantity Surveyor, the successful QS will help the SQS and projects team in managing the commercial processes. Day-to-day duties will include advising the SQS of any issues that may affect the cost or value of the project, risk management, dispute resolution, placing subcontract orders, final accounts and taking-off quantities. Further duties will be discussed as required.
It is essential that the successful Quantity Surveyor is qualified to degree level, or equivalent, and also CSCS qualified. Relevant experience working as a QS for a Main Contractor will also be integral, as will a solid understanding of turnkey construction projects. A Full UK Driving license will also be required. Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, and a high degree of computer literacy are other factors that will be important.
Quantity Surveyor Position Overview
- Reporting to the Senior Quantity Surveyor
- Helping manage the commercial process
- Managing risks to minimise the impact on the project
- Assist, advise on an mitigate the effects of disputes
- Keeping relevant records, e.g. plant on/off hire and labour hours & numbers
- Taking-off quantities to help build a cost database
- Collating commercial information to draft CVR's on a monthly basis
Quantity Surveyor Position Requirements
- Qualified to Degree Level, or equivalent, in a relevant field
- CSCS qualified
- Full UK Driving License
- Relevant experience working as a Quantity Surveyor within the construction industry
- Experience of or excellent understanding of turnkey construction projects
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Computer literate
- Commercially astute
Quantity Surveyor Position Remuneration
- Competitive salary (DOE)
- Car allowance
- 25 days holiday + Bank Holidays
- Full benefits package to be discussed at interview
- Working Hours: 08:30 - 17:00, Monday - Thursday and 08:30 - 15:45 on Fridays
We, Bennett and Game Recruitment, a technical recruitment agency based in Chichester are acting as a Recruitment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Join us on Twitter, Facebook or LinkedIn - Search Bennett and Game Recruitment.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'