Location - Cheshire (National Travel)
Salary - Competitive
I currently have a fantastic requirement for a Quantity Surveyor to work in Design and Build, Student Accommodation. In this role you, will be supported by the Senior Quantity Surveyor and your purpose will be; the taking on of minor contracts and specific tasks for other contracts for the Senior Quantity Surveyor. The nature of the role requires national travel but base will be in Cheshire.
If you are looking to further your career and join a company that will fully support you in order to achieve your goals, then this could be the opportunity for you. Yes, this is a position that requires long hours and hard work but if you have what it takes and you would like to work on some truly exciting Design and Build projects, then I strongly encourage that you apply below.
My client is a National Construction Contractor with a reputation of providing major builds across the country and is looking to provide the correct applicant with a rewarding package. Applications will only be considered that are specific to the role advertised.
Package - Competitive basic, plus Car Allowance or Company Car, Healthcare Cover, Travel Incentive, Personal Miles, Accommodation Allowance, Fuel Card and Company Bonus Scheme ( Subject To Level )
* Measure every material/quantities required for site by analysing drawings
* Liaise with subcontractors for quotations
* Compare prices from different costs
* Chase subcontractors for prices
* Prepare subcontract payments with current contracts and final accounts/ check retention value
* Pass quotation costs to Senior Quantity Surveyor for authorisation, approval or feedback
* Adhere to budgets and source quotations which provide best value and best quality
* Pass procurement information to relevant Quantity Surveyor for approval
* Input cost data for subcontractors
*Monitor and review quotations and costs and where necessary negotiate with subcontractors to secure best value and best quality
* Liaise with subcontractors on site work issues
* Visit site to observe progress of works including recording any subcontract issues
* Attend progress meetings
* To consult with Quantity Surveyor for continuous mentoring support including discussing good practice and work related issues on a daily basis.
* Progress own minor contracts from commencement through to completion including undertaking all roles as done by a Quantity Surveyor requesting assistance where required
* Providing monthly budgets recently for own contracts
HNC/Degree Quantity Surveying
Main Contractor Experience
To apply for this opportunity, please submit your CV via the 'APPLY' button in this advert. Please note that direct emails are sometimes not received due to the spam/junk e-mail filters in place. If you would like to discuss your suitability further, please do not hesitate to contact Rachel on .
If you are shortlisted for this vacancy, you will be contacted within 24 - 48 hours to discuss your application further. If you have not heard anything within 5 days of your application then you have been unsuccessful on this occasion. However, we will keep your CV on file and contact you regarding future vacancies.
This vacancy is being advertised by Kinetic Construction whose services are those of an Employment Agency.