Quantity Surveyor : Sandwich, Kent
Contract type: Freelance
Start date: April 2018
Salary: £250/day - £350/day
Randstad CPE contact: Matt Jasper
An industry leading main contractor who deliver projects to both private and public sector clients.
A steel frame new build warehouse development. This is a Design & Build project valued at £10m.
As Quantity Surveyor you will be the lead QS reporting to a Commercial Manager. Your role will include but not be limited to:
- Manage commercial resources of the project to maximise margin through the placement of subcontractor contracts.
- Control subcontract packages from enquiry through to final account.
- Package management and change control.
- Regularly review with the team contractual risks and implement strategies to mitigate risk.
- Assessment of variations and valuations of subcontractor accounts.
- Authorise placement of contracts, materials and plant orders.
- Maximise cash flow through the control, measurement (including quantity), negotiation, invoicing and payment of the supply chain.
- You will have gained circa 10+ years experience, ideally working for a main/principal contractor.
- Have a solid level of education including a minimum of HND qualification (Quantity Surveying or Construction Management is desirable).
- The ability to work seamlessly with clients and the supply chain.
- Be able to control subcontract packages from enquiry through to final account.
- Strong IT literacy in Microsoft Office packages.
- Strong organisational skills with proven time management skills.
What to do next:
If you feel this role meets your expectations please click apply and upload your latest cv. If you are seeking a new role in the future please feel free to contact Randstad CPE's Maidstone branch for a confidential discussion where we can provide advice, assistance with training and update you on our latest vacancies.
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.