Job Title: Quantity Surveyor
Location: Milton Keynes
GB07571As a Quantity Surveyor you will be working closely with the Internal Solutions Department and compile detailed budgets for both high level and detailed warehouse/office construction projects across the UK. Critique the Solutions Departments designs in terms of technical compliance (i.e. Building Regulations), liaise with the department to ensure the necessary design amendments are realized to enable a fully compliant design to be submitted to the customer. Working with the solutions department to compile high level construction project plans for customer submissions.
Your Tasks and Responsibilities
- Take ownership and up date the current detailed internal project costing model.
- Complete accurate analysis of budgets against actual spends project by project and report back to line manager.
- Work closely with the internal procurement department throughout the contractor tender process, analyzing tender returns and comparisons, with an aim to ensuring packages are let with minimum risk to the Company.
- Complete contractor valuations and issue final accounts if and when required.
- Review current business practices and look into value engineering and costing saving initiatives.
- Assist in the compilation of standard fit out specifications for all Kuehne + Nagel construction projects.
- Maintain adherence to process, standards and company tools, and assist in the development of the same.
- Implement and manage internal shared data drive with all as built and property information site by site.
- Take part in post project reviews and publish results.
- If and when required project manage smaller fit outs, from inception to competition.
- If and when required compile internal dilapidation valuations and negotiate settlement figures with landlords upon site exits.
Your Skills and Experience
- MRICS qualified or working towards.
- Formal qualification in Building, Surveying or related discipline.
- Experience in working on multi discipline warehouse and office construction projects up to a value of £50million.
- An excellent understanding of the complete build process.
- General understanding of office working environments and also Third Party Logistics.
- Experience of working on multiple project concurrently.
- Working knowledge of JCT contracts.
- Significant post graduate working experience.
Good Reasons to Join
- Company Car
- 50k to 55k Salary.
- Competitive Salary.
- Kuehne + Nagel Pension Plan.
- Route 2 Rewards.
With more than 74,000 employees at 1,300 locations in over 100 countries, the Kuehne + Nagel Group is one of the world's leading logistics companies. Its strong market position lies in the seafreight, airfreight, contract logistics and overland businesses, with a clear focus on providing IT-based supply chain management.
Learn more >>
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job