Quantity Surveyors required to join a leading main contractor who are undertaking large scale works on HS2.
Currently the client is target cost forecasting and requires Quantity Surveyors who can work with the Estimators to compile the target cost for large civil engineering packages. These opportunities will progress in to a post contract roles later this year.
Junior to Intermediate Quantity Surveyors who have experience working on Civil Engineering projects from £5m plus would be of interest.
It is essential that Quantity Surveyors have been site based and have a good understanding and appreciation of how long works take and the associated costs and potential delays.
Experience of working on Civil Engineering, Highways, Tunnelling and Utilities projects will be considered.
These are fantastic opportunities to work on a flagship project with 10 years local work ahead.
- Review customer's drawings and specifications to prepare accurate costing sheets for materials, labour and equipment
- Ensure compliance with the company's procedures, including pre-construction gate process
- Assess and manage risk and opportunity and support negotiations as part of the pricing process
- Collate and review tender documents and submission requirements in a timely way, ensuring all financial information is identified and provided and accurate compliant design proposals are included
- Establish and agree key plant rates
- Agree with engineering and planning key methods, outputs and plant selection
- Detailed analysis of subcontractors' analysis
- Manage and coordinate the preparation of preliminary and general expense pricing including plant schedules and risk assessment
- Prepare tender settlement papers and carry out any belated adjustments as a result of tender settlements
- Provide bills of allowances as part of the commercial handover meeting
- Responsibility for 'sign off' of all cost elements prior to any gate meetings or financial submissions
- Select suitable sub-contractors and specialists for each project
- Civil Engineering
- Quantity Surveyor
- target cost