Quality, Test & Reliability Engineer
What is the purpose of the role?
To conduct testing and implement quality and performance improvements, to be responsible for improving testing capability and coverage. Take a pro-active role in identifying quality / test issues, performing root-cause analysis and implementing corrective / preventative measures as appropriate.
Core Requirements of the role
- Functional Failure analysis
- Failure modes, effects and criticality analysis
- Fault tree analysis
- Reliability block diagrams
- Parts count and Parts Stress analysis
- Common cause failure analysis
- Maintenance Task Analysis
- Maintainability Demonstration Testing
- Reliability Demonstration Testing
- Reliability Growth Models
- Test equipment manufacture.
- Development of fully and semi-automated processes across the site.
- Ability to analyse technical problems and complete detailed reports.
- Acceptance of test equipment input from the Design Engineering section and external customers.
- Preventative / breakdown maintenance of Production Test and maintenance of accurate calibration records.
- Training of Production personnel in the correct use of test equipment.
- Generation of necessary Test Procedures.
- Generation of necessary Test Equipment Support Documentation.
- VAVE and CIP activity designed to drive improved Quality, efficiency and cost.
- Adhering to the Engineering Working Procedures. Ensuring all work is carried out in line with Quality, Health & Safety and Environmental requirements.
- Diagnostic support as required.
- Any other reasonable duties.
- Participate in key supplier monitoring processes which include: Supplier Audits and Supplier Corrective Actions.
- Liaising with the Manufacturing and Product Engineers in the Business Units, in assessing and addressing material quality issues.
- Track supplier quality performance measurements for suppliers (KPI’s) and participate in supplier performance reviews and approval.
- Manage Supplier and Client Change Requests.
- Support Incoming Quality Control (IQC).
- Support risk (DFMEA & FMEA) documentation review activities and ensure that all failure modes in process have been identified and addressed.
- Continuous Improvement champion.
- Check Maintenance Procedures are being followed and carried out.
- Improve product fails by analysing Inspection and Test Fails to find the source of reoccurring Production failings.
- Continually improve process flow working with Production Supervisors.
- Develop clear and concise Work Instructions.
Desireable Skills and Experience
Data analysis techniques that can include:
- Statistical Process Control
- Reliability modelling and prediction
- Fault Tree Analysis
- Weibull Tree Analysis
- Six Sigma (6s) Methodology
- Root-cause and Root-Cause Failure Analysis (RCA, RCFA)
- Failure Reporting, Analysis and Corrective Action System (FRACAS)
- Degree educated in a relevant discipline.
- Proficient / experience of programming languages C/C++, Visual Basic, Python.
- Microcontroller based test routines.
- Proficient in Engineering Workbench LabVIEW.
- Trained to Green Belt in 6 Sigma.
- Kaizen or Lean Manufacturing Skills.
At TT Electronics, you will meet dedicated people who believe that advanced electronics is the key to a brighter, smarter future. Whether it’s advanced flight controls, smart surgical tools, intelligent vehicle charging or seamless automation everywhere, advancements like this come from the minds of passionate, creative people - working to a common goal, watching out for each other, and caring about making a difference in the lives of people all over the world.
Our passion? Simplifying the development of complex electronics… it’s the reason we exist as an organisation. Our way of life? Fostering a culture that values individuals as well as community and teamwork.
Join us - and work with a team that believes success is measured by more than the bottom line, where you’ll find opportunities to achieve your goals, contribute to the lives of others, and build a brighter, smarter future, together.
Our Hartlepool facility delivers integrated design and manufacturing solutions for high technology, high mix and complex products including solutions for IoT connectivity and customised power. A complete electronics assembly service is delivered including electronic, mechanical and software design, prototype, new product introduction, global procurement, tooling and moulding, PCB assembly, box build and test, packaging and global fulfilment.
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'