Quality Inspector - Automotive / Precision Engineering - Basingstoke
A Quality Inspector is required for a specialist precision engineering company based in Basingstoke that manufacture for the Motorsport industry. This a great opportunity for someone who may have an interest in Formula One and associated motor sports.
The Quality Inspector will have the following roles and responsibilities:
• Manual measurement using traditional tools (Vernier, micrometre, height gauge, Shadow graph etc.)
• Visual inspection & ISIR (initial sample inspection reporting)
• First off and final inspection
• Approving finished products by confirming specifications, conducting visual and measurement tests, returning products for re-work, and confirming re-work
• Inspection results by completing reports, logs, summarizing re-work and scrap
• CMM operation
• Ensure compliance with company quality standards
The suitable Quality Inspector will ideally have the following experience & skillset:
• Quality background in manufacturing engineering preferably in Automotive / Aerospace Manufacturing.
• Experience in tools and methods for measuring precision machined components
• Hands on knowledge of current measuring methods, equipment and tools
• Manual techniques i.e. Verniers, Micrometre etc.
• Thorough understanding of geometrical tolerances
• Experience with ISO9001:2000 / AS9100 / TS16949 quality requirements
• Working knowledge of PPAP, APQP, FMEA, SPC, CPL, R&R
The Quality Inspector will be paid a salary circa £25,000 with 23 day’s holiday plus bank holidays
- MECHANICAL INSPECTOR