We are currently seeking a Quality Delivery Manager to work on major construction projects being delivered by our Farnborough business. The successful candidate will drive a "right first-time" culture within the business and supply chain in order to deliver defect free handovers and delight and astonish our clients on every project.
Key responsibilities include:
- Review tender documents and report on quality risks, highlight applicable quality alerts.
- Support work winning by providing written responses on quality development where required.
- Provide support to Design Managers and Designers to ensure projects do not start without possession of the appropriate design.
- Audit Project Quality Plans and ensure that quality delivery feedback generated through the tender period is incorporated into the plan.
- Ensure that Project Quality Plans are in place and signed off in a timely manner.
- Check that the site team have scheduled out the appropriate quality delivery make ready and quality delivery checklists.
- Ensure that document control is being implemented and properly managed.
- Ensure that there is an efficient process in place for managing the clearance of defects in a timely manner such that defect free handovers are achieved.
- Carry out regular site audits across the business to ensure that it is proceeding in accordance with the Quality Plan and Quality delivery process. In particular, check the Plan is being managed in line with the programme of works.
- Defects are being recorded, cleared and signed off within suitable time scales.
- The works are being installed in accordance with the contract requirements.
- The works are suitably protected.
- Carry out regular inspections on all projects across the business in order to assist the team with identifying defects or potential defects.
- Raise awareness and support the creation of a defect free culture.
- Support the project teams in arranging for technical training and quality inspections where appropriate.
- Liaise with and support the Systems Compliance Manager with compliance checks and audits.
- Work with the Customer Care team gathering information on post completion defects for feeding back into the Preconstruction and Operations teams.
- Work with the directors to arrange for a post contract review and ensure all quality related items raised at the review are fed back as above.
- Minimum relevant level 4 qualification (HNC/NVQ4 etc) or equivalent
- Appropriate and current CSCS card and SMSTS certificate.
- Ability to accurately read construction programmes, drawings and technical specifications
- Use of Microsoft programmes; ie Excel, Word, Outlook and Project.
- In-depth experience and high-level knowledge of quality.
- Detailed understanding of all construction packages and methods of installation.
- Ability to research all methods and products, to ensure work is being carried out correctly.
- Appreciation of Supply Chain Partners and Suppliers and their influence upon the quality of the end product.
- Relevant Degree desirable but not essential
- Working towards MCIOB
Willmott Dixon embraces diversity in the workplace.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job