Cathedral Appointments are currently seeking multiple Quality Control Inspectors for a manufacturing company based in Exeter, Devon. The Quality Control Inspectors will be responsible for maintaining quality standards throughout various stages of the supply and manufacturing process. This involves the inspection of various types of items and components and is a hands on, non-office based role.
The Quality Control Inspector will be provided with full training, but it is essential that all candidates have some previous experience within the manufacturing sector or in a similar practical position.
- Inspection of goods received, including dimensional and aesthetic checks to drawings and/or master samples.
- Recording of goods inward inspections.
- Completing Quality inspection reports for non-conforming goods requiring supplier or internal actions.
- Conducting inspections of components and finished goods within suppliers manufacturing facilities.
- Ensuring the correct quality records and actions are raised and completed in accordance with the findings.
- Liaise with the relevant departments in regard to quality issues.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Ability to read and accurately interpret technical drawings.
- A background in manufacturing and or / engineering.
- An understanding of the importance of quality in a manufacturing.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office packages
- A valid passport and Driving Licence are required for this role due to the requirement to travel both in the UK and overseas.
- An understanding of stock control systems (preferably Sage) would be highly beneficial.
- A forklift license would be beneficial.
This is a fantastic opportunity for both experienced Quality Control Inspectors or production professionals looking to get into the quality remit of the manufacturing industry to work for an established, local business in an easily accessible location in the heart of Exeter. For further details on this position and more information on how to apply please send an up to date CV or contact Dan at Cathedral Appointments.
Cathedral Appointments are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
- Quality Control
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job