Quality Assurance Assistant
Location: Beckton, London
Salary: £17,000 - £25,000 per annum DoE
About the company:
Established in 1967, our client is a London-based bullion merchant dealing in Gold, Silver, Platinum, Palladium and Rhodium. In addition to producing its own minted bars in various sizes, They also offer its clients metal account facilities in both allocated and unallocated form. With further divisions for refining, "melt & assay", storage, industrial products, numismatic coins, wedding rings and picture frames, They are the only company in the UK that can rightly claim to be a true all round expert and one-stop-shop for all precious metal needs. The company employs over 60 people and operates primarily out of 30,000 sq. ft. of high security premises near City Airport.
Duties of the Quality Assurance Assistant:
- Management of non-conformance and corrective action process;
- Point of contact for day-to-day quality issues
- Review internal non-conformances and customer complaints and close in a timely manner
- Maintain KPI data/charts and monitor trends to identify improvement activities
- Provide support in external audits (Certification body / Customer / Supplier)
- Provide other QA support as relevant for the role
- Assist Head of Operations with projects as required
- Analyse trade effluent samples using a variety of inorganic chemistry techniques, including but not limited to colorimetry, potentiometry, turbidimetry, ICP-OES and wet chemistry
- Analyse samples at various stages of the refining process
- Basic maintenance and troubleshooting of instrumentation / equipment as the need arises
- Adhere to relevant regulations, legislation and certifications and report results in a timely manner.
- Understand and adhere to the Quality System, and the instructions therein.
- Follow Health & Safety and Environmental guidelines.
- Maintain a clean, safe and tidy working environment.
- Any other duties required to meet the needs of the business
Requirements of the Quality Assurance Assistant:
- Strong educational background in engineering / science / QA or equivalent (ideally HND / Degree level)
- Hands on working knowledge of ISO9001 (ISO14001 advantageous)
- Experience of quality assurance in a manufacturing environment
- Laboratory experience would be beneficial
- Attention to detail
- Quality focused
- Good MS Office skills
- Strong problem solving skills, a pragmatic, well-organised individual;
- Ability to plan own work, prioritise and re-prioritise tasks in accordance with changing business needs;
- Ability to work in a team as well as unsupervised and follow management instructions as relevant
If you meet the requirements and feel that this Quality Assurance Assistant role is right for you then please apply today!