About the role
We care as much about finding the right people as we do about great technical skills and we are now looking for a Quality Analyst - Test Automation professional. If you love automating in Java, testing both front-end and back-end systems, then you’ll fit right in. At Kindred, we build distributed systems that handle millions of transactions each day. Our development teams deliver new features to production on a daily basis. Our testers are an integral part of each development team and work closely with developers to ensure the quality of every release. We enjoy solving problems by white-boarding, pair-programming and believe in continuously improving the way we work and making it easy for everyone to make their voices heard. As a QA Automation specialist at the Kindred London office, you’ll be working with people from diverse backgrounds who are passionate about what they do. We believe in releasing small and often, building for change and automating as much as possible. At Kindred, there will always be exciting new technologies to explore and interesting problems to solve.
For the applicant to be able to perform in the role, extensive knowledge of Behaviour Driven Development (BDD) is required. BDD forms the basis for the test automation strategy at Kindred Group. In addition, it is required that the applicant knows contract testing using mocking frameworks such as WireMock. This knowledge is needed to be able to perform effectively component test too.
What will you be doing?
- Identifying business requirements
- Working closely with Product Owner, Developers and Business Analysts on the developed solutions, providing feedback on the soundness of proposed solutions, ensuring they are fit for purpose
- Writing acceptance criteria for various requirements using the Gherkin domain specific language
- Designing tests to mitigate risk
- Liaising with project teams in other parts of the world
- Estimate test effort for user stories, sprints and projects
- Ability to help set QA quality gates to be used for QA sign off process
- Review results of automated tests, log defects and able to sign off releases when QA quality gates are met
- Stress testing
- Performance testing
- Using tools and frameworks such as Cucumber and Gatling.
- Performing contract testing using mocking tools
- Support and work closely with the UAT test team, to ensure the consistency of application behaviour
- Evaluate quality of the product(s) under test and provide feedback to the team
- Provide test metrics and reports to the team
- Maintenance and or driving effort on bespoke test automation solutions, identification of areas where test automation could be beneficial
- Continuously monitor/measure test coverage and improve test scenarios
- Provide feedback/input on the techniques, solutions and tools used throughout the projects
- Create and maintain online documentation
- Monitoring applications and software systems
- Release management and planning
- Working towards departmental and project deadlines
- Quality assurance
How will you be measured?
As part of the personal and strategic performance goals set quarterly and annually, we would be measuring:
- Ability to get tasks completed on time and taking responsibility for your work and the deliveries of your team
- Quality control of the process will be measured against the production issues raised in this area
- Ability to master the fundamentals of continuous integration, development and deployment practice and always tries to improve the way we work
- Understanding the business domain knowledge (Sportsbook and Casino Gaming) and willingness to share and spread the knowledge
- Ability to integrate well with Team and to work well within the team and across the teams and organisation
- Ability to understand and follow Kindred Development processes and methodologies which will be reflected in the quality of the code written
What have you done?
- Solid experience in testing and software development
- Expert knowledge of Behaviour Driven Development (BDD)
- Solid knowledge of a mocking framework such as WireMock
- Your analytical skills played a key role in previous roles
- Good knowledge of the gambling market (such as Sportsbook and/or Casino)
- Worked with Java
- Solid experience Agile projects (such as Kanban or SCRUM) and has an understanding of the value in test automation within an Agile environment
- Built and maintained test automation frameworks
- Worked with structured test methods and processes
- Some working knowledge of database concepts and ability to write basic SQL queries
- You also understand:
- Software failures and faults
- Risk-based approach to testing
- Non-functional aspects of web application testing - such as UI, Accessibility, Security and Performance
£40.000 - £45.000 per annum
To apply for this role click on the "Apply for this role" button and complete the short web form, please add a covering letter explaining your motivations for applying and your salary expectations. Our recruitment team will be in touch shortly.
Closing date for application will be 22nd February 2018.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job