Fantastic Qualified Management Accountant opportunity with an entity of a secure, multi-billion turnover, global plc. This role supports the Senior Finance Manager and supervises staff. Purely focused on accounting, this post will provide the exposure needed (especially for a newly-qualified accountant) to bridge the gap to senior management as progression & development opportunities are provided.
On a granular level, the role will have full exposure to end-to-end management, financial, and project accounting for a c35mil turnover entity, as well as plenty of added extras such as business partnering, line management exposure, reporting & analysis.
As Qualified Management Accountant;
- End-to-end responsibility of management accounting processes for a c35mil turnover business unit, reporting to both the Senior Finance Manager & non-finance directors. May include balance sheet and P&L control, budgeting, forecasting, accruals & prepayments, journals, reconciliations, month-end pack creation, KPI management, analysis etc.
- Supporting with year-end statutory accounting and processes, including the annual audit procedures.
- Involved with medium-long term project accounting and associated analysis, in conjunction with commercial teams.
- Responsible for core MI reporting, dealing with both finance & non-finance stakeholders.
- Supervising small team of transactional and junior staff in absence of Finance Manager.
- Supporting the continuous development of systems/controls/processes relating to operational finance & accounting.
- Supporting the local integration of Workday as a global ERP system, in conjunction with a consultancy firm.
- Regular interaction with wider group and local functions such a HR, Operations and Commercial in order to drive performance and financial visibility.
- Newly-qualified or qualified ACA/ACCA/CIMA (essential)
- 1-2 years prior experience in an end-to-end Management Accounting role
- Commercially aware. Can see the bigger picture and potential opportunities or risks.
- Strong, demonstrable system/ERP skills. Any integration or implementation exposure would be beneficial.
- Project or Statutory/Financial Accountancy experience would be advantageous.
Secure, listed, acquisitive, 20+ billion turnover, global utilities plc with strong market foothold. A well-known brand with multiple regional and silo offices located across the UK. Role is located at the 'silo' Stockport / Wythenshawe office, which houses roughly 30 staff, with occasional travel to Midlands (roughly once a month).
An outstanding employer, renowned for developing, progressing and retaining staff through employee development programs, an unmatched culture, and outstanding benefits packages to match.
Salary & Benefits
- £35,000-£40,000 Basic Salary
- Up to 17.5% Bonus
- Potential car allowance (TBC)
- Pension scheme enrolment. 8%+ Employer contribution
- Access to company benefits scheme, including employee development program
- Flexibility and work-from-home options
- Progression opportunities
The salary range/rates of pay is dependent upon your experience, qualifications or training.
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. Where rates of pay or salary ranges are detailed these are dependent upon your experience, qualifications or training. If you wish to apply for this position please read our Privacy Notice which details how we may use, process, store and disclose your Personal Information: -notice.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'