Quality Control Technician
Rotating shifts: - Mon - Fri, 7am-3pm, 3pm-11pm, 11pm-7am.
My client, one of the plastic industry's leading multinational suppliers of masterbatch/concentrate based in Liverpool area, is looking to recruit a Quality Control Technician for a permanent position. They manufacture a comprehensive range of Masterbatch products that are used extensively throughout the thermoplastic/plastics industry.
Key responsibilities of the Quality Control Technician include:
* Efficiently test colour and black products in accordance with documented test requirements ensuring required samples are collected and labelled appropriately and that product is passed off or issues highlighted in a timely fashion.
* Ensure quality of finished pallets is to specification prior to passing off the pallet (physically and on the system).
* Prioritise and carry out testing with regard to requirements of despatch and production.
* Prioritise and carry out required raw material testing.
* Develop and maintain a good working knowledge of test methods and test schedules.
* Develop and maintain a good working knowledge of the product range, type and make up
* Maintain accurate and timely QC records.
* Liaise with production staff and QC Manager with regard to QC status of products.
* Perform effective shift hand-overs ensuring QC service is seamless.
* Ensure any non-conformances are recorded and acted upon promptly.
* Provide support for production trials, root cause analysis and improvement projects as requested.
* Operate to laboratory safe working practices and maintain a clean & tidy workplace and any breakdowns are promptly reported and actioned.
* Actively seek to improve laboratory working practices and methods.
If you have had laboratory experience or are an experienced Quality Control Technician then please apply now!
If you have had laboratory experience or are an experienced Quality Control Technician then please contact me on or email me on
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.
- shift work