We are currently recruiting for dynamic organisation that is seeking to recruit an individual with strong QC skills (ideally gained within the automotive industry, if not manufacturing, mechanical or engineering) to join our client.
The role will require you to to demonstrate in depth knowledge of automotive parts and vehicles or knowledge of materials used in manufacture, and the manufacturing methods used.
Shifts system: 8.30am - 5pm and 12pm - 8.30pm
The main duties and responsibilities of the role:
- Visual and Physical checks of the quality of incoming deliveries of new, and existing product, recording all issues raised
- Visual and Physical checks of the quality and accuracy of proposed new products, through samples and drawings, recording all issues raised in the QC database
- Visual and physical checks of primary packaging using colour swatches and pdf library, recording results in the QC database
- Maintain defined inspections required by each product group, incorporating any special requirements, highlighting any issues and the quarantine of parts if necessary
- Maintain all supersessions, recording all requests, ordering parts where necessary, processing the request, and notifying the relevant departments/people where necessary
- Identify and maintain the tools required to perform inspections, calibration and testing of equipment in accordance with ISO procedures and maintenance of equipment test records
Skills & Experience
- Experience in a similar goods-in inspection role (within automotive background)
- Ability to read and interpret supplier technical drawings
- Knowledge about function and use of parts to be inspected is desirable
- Technical qualification in automotive or engineering together with an understanding of ISO9001:2008 would be advantageous
- Computer literate including Word, Excel and SAP
Apply now for this excellent opportunity!
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job