Our client, a global manufacturer to the Automotive, Health, Food & Drink and Electronics industries, are currently seeking a QA Technician (Night Shift) with experience working in the manufacturing industry for their facility in Oxford.
The QA Technician will join an industry leading business with an international footprint and over 40 manufacturing facilities.
The QA Technician will be responsible in assisting the Quality Manager to ensure compliance is in line with the sites Quality Management System, final batch release and the creation of Quality Assurance documentation and have the following;
- Excellent attention to detail
- Experience of working to Quality Standards
- Experience of working within a factory environment
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Effective communication
- Self-motivated, shows initiative and has the ability to multi task
- Confident attitude with the ability to deal with staff at all levels
- Print/Packaging background
- PC Literate
The successful QA Technician will be able to;
- To support production team in sampling and approval of parts at the start and end of the production run.
- Use experience and product knowledge to assist Shift Managers, Section Leaders and Setters in achieving good quality product during all production processes.
- The key focus of the position is the support the daily manufacturing operations to ensure production is completed to quality standards that meet and exceed customer requirements and expectations, and minimise potential for waste.
- Act as the voice of the customer in manufacturing issues and to have customer service/satisfaction as a guiding principle that has perceptible impact on manufacturing decisions.
- To drive the Continuous Improvement message at every opportunity through all daily tasks and activities.
- Be active in company Health & Safety culture by searching out and acting on potential improvements to raise H&S awareness.
- To ensure quality standards are maintained and product is "right first time".
- Root cause analysis work with Production team Shift Managers, Section Leaders, Setters and Operators to establish corrective and preventative actions for production issues.
- Assisting Quality Assurance team in all functions including ISIRs, NPI processes, PPAP completion and customer concern investigation. Support during business change processes and maintaining documents, files and samples within the Quality Assurance department.
The QA Technician will receive a competitive salary with bonus.
Gleeson Engineering & Manufacturing is a specialist recruiter of leadership roles and technical specialists on both a permanent and temporary basis, into a number of industries including automotive, aerospace, general manufacturing and FMCG. Please visit our website www.gleeson-rg.com for further information about our services and to view all of our roles.
To apply for the QA Technician position, please click on the "apply now" button and your CV will be sent directly to the responsible recruiter. We will respond to successful applicants within 7 days, however please feel free to get in touch if you would like any further information about your application.