TUI Travel PLC is one of the world’s leading leisure travel groups, with over 220 trusted brands such as First Choice & Marella Cruises, operating in over 180 countries with more than 30 million customers.
Our aim is to enable intuitive and seamless digital customer and colleague experiences through innovative technology solutions. Based in London, as a QA Engineer, you will work in our Mobility Hub which encompasses Creative, Product, Commercial, Development & QA functions.
In 12 months, we have moved from a standing start to having an award winning app, the TUI Digital Assistant (TDA), rolled out to 5 source markets and being used by more than 150,000 customers every month. This is just the beginning - we are about to embark on a multi-year plan to see the evolution of our TDA from where it is today to being a feature-rich app the likes of which our industry has never seen, and that customers will never have experienced – this is where we need your help.
In order to support the on-going evolution of the TDA we need highly motivated, skilled engineers to join the QA team
What you will be doing
- Define, together with the Product Owner / Business Analyst, the acceptance criteria at both the story and the system level and be able to estimate the effort to execute within a sprint.
- Work with the QA and Development teams to establish and maintain the drive for continual improvement of the testing process.
- Write automated end to end test cases based on the requirements in order to prove the system works as expected.
- Work closely with the Project Manager and Developers to ensure requirements are being met
- Test newly developed software, existing software upgrades and deployments to ensure quality is maintained; executing all types of manual testing as well as utilising a variety of test tools to enhance testing efficiency, identify vulnerable areas of the software and raise, prioritise and track defect reports through to conclusion.
- Raise defects where appropriate and provide test results and test reports on a daily basis.
- Understand the design and the implementation details and assess the affected areas and the risk the implementation can introduce in order to create suitable regression test packs and to prioritise testing within the test phase.
- Perform all forms of automated testing (System, SIT, Continuous Integration Testing, Smoke test and Regression) in a dynamic and agile environment with continuous integration and deployment of new releases.
- Write detailed defect descriptions and work with developers to prioritise and assign bugs depending on the business impact and severity of the issues found and the impact on the project timelines.
What we are looking for
- Experience in testing mobile apps in a commercial environment
- Strong knowledge in test automation with using tools such as:
- Cucumber, APM, Calabash
- Any automated visual test tools, Sketch
- Postman, LoadRunner and JMeter
- BuddyBuild and HockeyApp
- Altlassian stack (Jira, Confluence, BitBucket)
- Jenkins CI/CD
- Good to have testing qualifications ISTQB Foundation
- Experience in testing within an Agile/scrum framework
- Aptitude for Manual Testing to support the automation
- Demonstrate flexibility and adapt to the environment and project challenges
- Ability to manage issues and communicate and escalate appropriately and effectively
- Good communications and influencing skills, with the ability to explain technologies and solutions to technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Passion for great technology and user experience
Working within TUI group
TUI Groupis the world’s number one integrated tourism group. Covering the entire touristic value chain under one roof we employ 63,000 people in over 100 countries and offer 20 million customers comprehensive services in around 180 destinations worldwide.
Help make our customers smile and in return you will receive a competitive salary, pension scheme and further benefits such as generous holiday discounts, great rates with foreign exchange and discounts with retailers.
How to apply
Please click the link below to apply.
Start date: 13/11/2017
End date: 11/12/2017