QA testing software "QA Engineer" "quality assurance"
QA Engineer (Software) for major UK communications solutions provider
Up to £50k base (possibly higher for the right candidate) plus benefits
A brief description of the main purpose of the role
The Quality Assurance (QA) Engineer works with product and software teams to oversee the quality and performance of software developments through production to provisioning and delivery. Monitoring all stages of product development, they help to identify and resolve any software/deployment issues so that the Group continually delivers effective and reliable communication services at all times.
WHAT SUCCESS LOOKS LIKE
The key deliverables, critical for effective performance e.g. customer satisfaction, and a brief description of why it is important
- Identification and correction of defects: the role’s primary function is to identify and resolve any defects or other issues with software releases as they are developed. Defect free releases help ensure the desired customer experience is delivered and reduce post-release follow up requirements for other departments, especially Applications Engineering and Support.
- Proactive steps: it is critical that any identified defects or other opportunities for improvement are acted on swiftly and proactively, delivering the defect free software release as quickly as possible. In the case of new functionality, this speed of delivery can mean increased revenues for the Business. In all examples, it results in an improved customer experience.
- Process / automation improvements: the jobholder will find new ways to test and improve the software deployment process so that more defects are uncovered with increased speed and accuracy. Automation, amongst other improvements will be critical.
3-5 major areas of responsibility with a brief description of the expected activities
- Review requirements, specifications and technical design documents to provide timely and meaningful feedback.
- Create detailed, comprehensive and well-structured test plans and test cases.
- Estimate, prioritise, plan and coordinate testing activities.
- Design, develop and execute automation scripts using open source tools.
- Liaise with internal teams (e.g. developers and product managers) to identify system requirements.
- Identify, record, document thoroughly and track bugs.
- Perform thorough regression testing when bugs are resolved.
- Develop and apply testing processes for new and existing products to meet client needs.
- Perform manual testing and building automated tests.
- Monitor debugging process results.
Resolve and Document
- Investigate the causes of non-conforming software and resolve issues.
- Train users to implement solutions.
- Maintain test results.
- Produce training documentation/guidance as required to avoid recurrence of defects/issues identified in the QA process.
- Track quality assurance metrics, like defect densities and open defect counts.
- Stay up-to-date with new testing tolls and test strategies.
- Regularly review and devise improved process, testing tools/systems.
- Quality Assurance
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'