Salary: Up to £30,000 (+ benefits)
The Quality Assurance Analyst will join an experience testing team and the will involve manual testing at the start of products' life cycles that will develop into automated test cases, then ultimately into a full continuous integration environment.
The QA Analyst is one of the key parts of the development team. You will be ultimately accountable for the quality of the products. The role will give you overall responsibility for the testing pipeline and releasing the products.
* Testing websites according to test plans, test cases and the original technical specifications
* Ability to create lean, single responsibility automated test cases
* Ensure all testing standards are being met
* Ensure testing process is fully documented
* Responsible for carrying out functional, regression and user acceptance testing to ensure high quality standards are achieved at all times for all releases
* Assist with the preparation of test plans and test scripts and demonstrate the scenario condition, recording bugs and providing thorough technical descriptions and evidence, and to provide feedback and regular updates to the team and Delivery Manager ensuring high quality and accuracy is maintained throughout
* Create high quality documentation and test plans
* Ensure the delivery of releases on time, the UAT and approval of releases
* To identify and define opportunities for improvement, measurements for those improvements and the implementation and roll out process to ensure that overall QA standards and customer expectations are met or exceeded
You will have excellent communication skills, work well within an agile team structure, have a proven ability to learn new skills and have experience working with agile processes. You will have strong software testing experience with both manual and automated test techniques and be able to write simple SQL queries, write black box and GUI test cases and have a thorough knowledge of web and networking technologies.
Essential skill requirements for this role include:
* Experience with writing test plans and documentation
* Expertise in browser compatibility and accessibility issues
* Excellent communication skills
* Willingness to be creative and to experiment with code.
Desirable skills include:
* Experience with performance testing (JMeter)
* Experience of automated testing using Selenium IDE, RC, Webdriver
* Knowledge of scripting languages (ideally PHP, Ruby or bash)
* Knowledge of Jenkins
* Experience with HAR files
* Experience with continuous monitoring tools (such as NewRelic)
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore if we have not responded to your application within five days please note that on this occasion your application has not been successful
Ambridge Harris is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Ambridge Harris will not discriminate on unlawful grounds.
Job ref: 22059