SF Group recruiting for a well known business in Warwickshire. They are looking for a Purchasing Administrator on a permanent basis paying up to £21,000 per annum.
As Purchasing Administrator you will be reporting to the Procurement Manager. You will be a key member of the team and be expected to liaise with other departments within the business as well as external suppliers on a daily basis.
Ensure that current business processes are adhered to and that these are developed to meet the changing needs of the business
Focusing on Quality, Delivery, Cost, and Supplier Management across a portfolio of direct and indirect spend categories.
Your duties will be varied and include the following:
- Assist in obtaining quotes and proposals for both materials and services from external suppliers
- Liaising with external suppliers to resolve escalated QDC issues
- Obtaining samples and all relevant documentation required
- Raising and Issuing of Supplier related forms and the filing of same
- Particular attention to detail in terms of reviewing accuracy of submitted documentation
- Assist where required on the procurement of direct and indirect goods or services
- Provide regular forecast information to external suppliers
- Obtain data from around the business for input into Supplier Scorecard system issuing the scorecards to suppliers on a regular basis.
- Liaising direct with suppliers to resolve short-term or persistent supply problems
- Ensure requests for new products / services are processed quickly, checking that a suitable product or service is not already available.
- Obtaining documentation from suppliers to support ensuring all details are complete for internal approvals
- Updating the Share-point and IFS files
- Ensure suppliers are fully understanding expectations (with some suppliers based overseas).
- Identifying potential new suppliers
- Providing information and support for recommending alternative products / services
- Issuing and obtaining documentation from external suppliers to support Labour Standards and Assurance Scheme LSAS
- Liaising with internal departments and associates to maximise QDC performance
- Assist in preparation for the annual budget standard cost for materials and services
- Ad hoc duties as they arise
The ideal candidate:
- Should be highly numerate and a strong communicator with excellent team working skills.
- Possess a diplomatic manner, with time management skills.
- Must have good, communication skills and be proficient in cultivating and developing relationships with both suppliers and internal associates.
- A sound working knowledge of ERP systems (preferably IFS), Windows (Word/Excel/PowerPoint) and the Internet is desirable.
- A minimum 2 years' office experience ideally in a Purchasing or Supply related function