Chase and Holland are currently working with an employer of choice in South Derby area who are looking for a Purchase Ledger Clerk to join their fast paced team due to company growth. The position is Assisting the Purchase Ledger Manager in the day to day duties of the department and all staff, this is a full-time opportunity and will suit a proactive person who is comfortable taking on more responsibilities while adding value to the team.
As the Purchase Ledger you will be responsible for:
- Enter supplier invoices and credits promptly onto Microsoft Navision
- Ensure familiarity with chart of accounts and ensure that all Invoices are correctly recorded and coded for Management Accounting purposes
- Query any disputed Purchase Invoices with person responsible for ordering or supplier
- Distribute invoices to internal departments to be signed off and passed for payment
- Prepare invoices for payment and ensure they are signed off
- Identify invoices that need paid promptly and within credit terms
- On a monthly basis complete supplier reconciliation to ensure creditors listing is accurate
- Ensure month end close off is completed by the 3 rd of month following month end
- Send a summary of all invoices to Group HQ in Northern Ireland for payment by the 15 th of month following month end
- To assist in the creation of purchase orders to send to suppliers
- Assist with completion of month end duties as required
The successful candidate will ideally have previous experience within an accounts team, with strong interpersonal skills both face to face and over the phone. In return, you will be offered a competitive salary between £16,000 - £19,000 and STUDY SUPPORT
Chase and Holland acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. We specialise in Finance and HR recruitment and comfortably service the South Yorkshire, Derbyshire, Nottinghamshire, Leicestershire, Staffordshire and Lincolnshire marketplaces.