Citibase has an exciting opportunity for a Purchase Ledger Clerk to join their team in Birmingham.
Job Role: Purchase Ledger Clerk
Salary: £16,000 - £18,000 + Study Support + Benefits
Job Type: Permanent - 37.5 hours.
Citibase is a disruptive business within the UK Commercial Office sector. A unique business model has propelled Citibase to a Total Revenue under Management of £21.2m, an EBITDA of £2.5m and a team of 150 people.
The World of Work has changed forever. Technology and globalisation have shortened product life cycles dramatically and small businesses have responded by looking for flexible solutions to their office requirements. Citibase has responded to the needs of small businesses by providing 38 fully-serviced Business Centres, from Aberdeen to Brighton with an aggressive plan for continued growth. These Business Centres are driven from our unique ‘Operating Engine’ in Birmingham and by the Operational Teams in the Centres.
A vacancy has arisen for a Purchase Ledger Clerk join our high quality, energetic and developing finance department at an exciting time for both the business as a whole and for the finance department in particular.
This is an opportunity to join the team at an entry-level position with the demonstrable prospect of developing and to progress to more senior roles. This position also offers study support for candidates looking to pursue accounting qualification.
Purchase Ledger Clerk - The Role:
The purchase ledger team consists of 2 purchase ledger clerks and a senior purchase ledger clerk. The team support all centres for their purchasing requirements as well as running costs. These include rent and utility charges, IT costs and building maintenance plus sundry items such as stationery, catering and health & safety.
This role does not have a high volume of invoices but requires someone with good attention to detail. There are various elements required on our invoices that the suppliers do not always get right in the first instance, this role will need to be able to confidently inform suppliers of the various legal requirements and ensure the detail is correct before continuing to process.
The role requires a high element of customer service support, it’s important that the person has a supportive nature towards centre staff and suppliers and can clearly and confidently deal with their queries and advise on processes.
We use Navision, a Microsoft package which includes on-line purchase orders, electronic matching of invoices to orders and scanning of documents.
Purchase Ledger Clerk – Responsibilities:
- Process purchase invoices (Approx. 100 per week) – from opening post to chasing purchase orders and approvals to filing
- Supplier statement reconciliations – to reconcile main supplier accounts, request copy invoices or credits as required
- Ledger maintenance – update standing data and maintain ledger transactions
- Prepare payment runs – select invoices required for payment and collate into bacs files
- Supplier and Citibase site enquiries – deal with all purchase ledger enquiries via phone or email
Purchase Ledger Clerk -You:
- We are looking for someone with at least a years’ experience of working in a purchase ledger environment.
- Experience of using an on-line purchase order system
- Someone who pays attention to detail and is accurate
- Someone who has strong work ethics – time conscious, team player, consider workload of team members.
- Willingness to own the whole purchase ledger process and be responsible for their section of the ledgers, including processing and maintenance
To submit your CV for this exciting Purchase Ledger Clerk opportunity, please click ‘Apply’ now.
This role may be suitable if you have previous experience as an Accounts Assistant, Accounts Clerk, Ledger Clerk, Finance Assistant, Sales Ledger Clerk, Accounts Administrator, Credit Controller, Accounts Payable Clerk or a Finance Administrator.