To ensure all invoices received by the business are correctly authorised, coded and paid to terms.
Ensure VAT is posted correctly to ensure compliance with HMRC rules
Ensure the purchase ledger balance is correct through the regular completion of supplier statement reconciliations.
Provide full support to the Team Leader and team colleagues
To work within a small team which will be responsible for the below tasks. You will be required to be able to perform all such tasks but day to day responsibility for certain roles / areas may be allocated to specific team members.
- Ensure all invoices received into the department are promptly scanned as required
- Ensure that invoices and payment requests are correctly approved in line with company authorisation schedules, current rent and rates schedules or approved by the relevant 3rd party (currently ISTA) for utilities invoices.
- Ensure all invoices with a Purchase Order are matched to the PO. If not seek further authorisation
- Liaise with clubs / supplier to ensure unmatched POs and Invoices are resolved promptly to allow payment to terms
- Ensure all invoices are correctly coded in the GL to ensure accurate P&Ls
- Ensure all invoices are posted to the correct VAT code to comply with HMRC rule
- Ensure that the EDI information is received, translated and interfaced into the Gala400 on a daily basis resolving any queries.
- Post cash book entries to the Purchase Ledger as required
- To review the GP margins and investigate unusual variances
- To resolve queries for internal and external customers promptly, professionally and courteously.
- To ensure that the Fiscal technology reports are run on a weekly basis and that any potential duplicates are investigated and resolved.
- Ensure payments runs, raising of manual payments is carried in accordance with company procedure
- To periodically reconcile statements, ensuring that outstanding issues are resolved. Ensure that good working relationships with suppliers are maintained. Ensure ledgers are in order and that we are on track with payment terms to our supplier.
- Ensure new suppliers are set-up in line company procedures
- To assist the AP, Stock & Property team leader and Manager to improve efficiency in invoice processing.
- To assist the AP, Stock & Property Team Leader in other tasks where required
Skills, Knowledge and Behaviour
• 1-2 years experience in a purchase ledger environment
• Knowledge of profit and loss accounts
• Understanding of VAT
• PC Literate with basic knowledge of MS Excel, Word and Outlook
• Excellent communication and customer service skills
• Analytical, pro-active and customer focused.
• Experience of meeting deadlines within an accounting timetable
• Ability to work as part of a team
• Ability to manage multiple tasks
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job