Lighthouse Personnel Ltd have recently acquired this exciting opportunity for a candidate to join this fast-growing, multi award-winning pharmaceutical company based in Rainham.
Liaising directly with the purchasing department (including the Purchasing director) on a daily basis , a suitable candidate will ideally be articulate and have the ability think on their feet.
'Lighthouse champion long-term employment opportunities to everyone who work alongside us’
Resolve Ledger Queries
- Purchase ledger clerk manages and tracks supplier records. They analyse inventory purchases and receipt activities and provide periodic reports to management. They also assess inventory turnover ratios and helps resolve ledger queries. Inventory turnover is a ratio that explains how fast inventories are transformed into finished products and sold to customers. Ledger queries might relate to questions about vendors, missing inventories or payment inaccuracies.
Scheduling Supplier Payments
- Purchase ledger clerk works to schedule vendor payment runs in accordance with suppliers credit terms which vary considerably up to 30 days or more. Ledger clerk prepares, checks and prints accounts payable reports. These reports are reviewed and approved prior to being sent to accounting for processing and payment.
Reconciling Customer Invoices
- Purchase ledger clerk ensures accuracy and completeness of financial reporting processes by evaluating internal controls and policies in expense processes that relate to accounts payable and supplier payments. Employees match purchase invoices and shipment documents with customer invoices to verify that inventories are received prior to and after being sold and shipped to customers. This type of verification allows clerks to detect missing inventories.
Matching Purchase Invoices
- Ledger clerks code and match purchase invoices in computer systems to ensure financial reporting completeness. They assign numbers to suppliers and their invoices. This type of verification ensures that firms pay suppliers only after receiving goods and merchandise bills.
Assist With Month-end Procedures
- Ledger clerks assist accounting departments in reporting financial data monthly or quarterly. They help accountants record and analyze inventory data, vendor payments, accounts payable balances and shipment activities. They also may assist in forecast and budget analysis on inventory levels.
- Minimum 2 years previous experience within a Purchase Ledger function
- Sage experience preferable
- Immediate start is available
- Positive, proactive attitude
- 20 days holiday a year
- Free car parking
- Good working environment
This is a multi currency ledger so busy ledger experience is preferred.
Salary range £18k - £22k + bonus opportunities
- Foreign Currency
- Purchase Ledger
- Sales Ledger
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job