I am currently recruiting for a Purchase Ledger Clerk to join a growing finance team for an established and highly regarding organisation on the outskirts of Exeter. This is a 6-month fixed term contract and this client is looking to recruit asap so I am looking for suitable candidates who are available immediately.
Reporting to the Purchase Ledger Supervisor, the aim of this role is to process purchase invoices, credit cards and expenses accurately on my clients accounting system and to ensure suppliers are all paid correctly and on time.
The main tasks of this role are:
- To register and process invoices. Including the receipt, code and post a high volume of invoices on the purchase daybook.
- To confirm the validity and accuracy of invoices
- To check goods received to the Back-office systems
- To obtain timely authorisation for invoices and expenses
- To deal with purchase ledger and expense related enquiries and resolving issues
- To ensure all invoices are posted prior to month end close
- To prepare BACS runs using the accounting software
- To process cheque requisitions and other requests for payment
- To ensure timely processing and control of monthly credit cards and expense payments
- To complete ad hoc tasks as requested by the purchase ledger supervisor
The main requirements of this role are:
- Successful experience in a purchase ledger role or similar relevant experience
- Knowledge and experience of payments and invoice processes
- The ability to work in a flexible environment where new systems and procedures are developed and implemented
- A proactive, enthusiastic and motivated individual with the ability to work under pressure
- Intermediate Excel skills including the ability to link worksheets, sort and filter data, and use formulae
- Strong reconciliation and analytical skills
In return, this client offers some fantastic benefits including on-site parking, 25 days holiday + bank holidays, group contributory pension scheme and a lifestyle allowance.
If you feel you meet the above criteria I would like to hear from you! Please get in touch and send your CV over to Ali at Cathedral Appointments for consideration!
Other - Purchase Ledger Clerk, Accounts Payable Clerk, invoice processing, Accounts Assistant, AAT, BACS runs, statement reconciliations