Due to growth our client based in Tuffley, Gloucester are currently recruiting for a permanent Purchase Ledger Administrator to join the existing friendly accounts team.
Main purpose of job:
Scanning, posting and coding of Purchase invoices. Reconciliation to statements. Processing of BACs runs.
- Scanning and posting general supplier invoices
- Accurate nominal ledger coding of general invoices (from standard cost centre code listings)
- Verification of invoices (matching GRN’s to Scanned invoices)
- Monthly reconciliation of supplier statements to Purchase ledger accounts
- Preparation of Monthly BACs runs
- Supplier cheque payments where applicable
- Handling supplier telephone calls (chase calls and queries)
- Monitoring and chasing up managers where necessary to ensure invoices are authorised in a timely fashion (with full support of the Management Accountants)
- Ensuring Month End ledger closure deadlines are met consistently
- Working closely with ALL other team members, assisting with other 'non’ purchase ledger tasks as and when necessary to ensure the dept stays on track during holiday periods etc
To apply for this vacancy, you must have previous administration experience with the ability to pick things up quickly. Previous accounts experience highly advantageous.
Hours - Monday - Friday - 8.30am - 5pm
Salary - £18,819
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job