Key initial tasks:
To carry out a comprehensive review of waste contract where there are service needs and changes for the Natural Environment Service. including:
* Review of Beach cleansing requirements across Cornwall Council
* Review and consider the options for the Countryside Estate waste management
* Audit of litter bins (conditions survey, assessing life expectancy, bin design, replacement and rationalisation) and collation of bin and litter picking information, numbers, emptying regimes, zones etc.
* Confirming specific access arrangements
* Development of zoning for litter picking on Natural Environment assets
* Revision and review of requirements for Cornwall Housing public space
* Review on the approach and policy to graffiti management, removal of dead animals on Natural Environment assets
* Provisions of support to the Natural Environment Service to allow the project to be concluded by May 2018
* Supporting team on other tasks associated with the project
You should match the following criteria:
* The ability to project manage and deliver a programme of work, commission, procure and manage delivery of environmental works and services contracts.
* Experience of report writing - the production of reports and business plans to support environmental investment propositions
* Experience of developing effective partnerships, involving stakeholders from public, private and voluntary sectors
* A demonstrable understanding and experience of managing and delivering projects and service reviews.
* Political awareness and experience of working in the political arena.
* Knowledge and understanding of best practice principles relating to project management and an ability to articulate a vision develop a strategy and implement workable outcomes.
* Understanding of E.U. and government policy and legislation on environmental issues and associated best practice.
* A track record of successfully delivery of projects that deliver improved services for customers / service users in a more efficient way.
* Experience of commissioning services and monitoring performance
* Experience of financial management, health and safety requirements, risk management and principles of project management.
* Experience of developing partnership working, building effective relationships with stakeholders and partners which include communities, voluntary bodies, private sector and public sector.
Please send your most updated CV to Grant Wilson by clicking apply now.
Fusion People are committed to promoting equal opportunities to people regardless of age, gender, religion, belief, race, sexuality or disability. We operate as an employment agency and employment business.
You'll find a wide selection of vacancies on our website.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job