Project Quantity Surveyor
£48-55k + Package
A vibrant, dynamic Main Contractor with a reputation for delivering high-quality projects for a long list of blue-chip clients across the country. Their sterling reputation as a contractor has allowed them to branch out in to numerous markets including: Residential, Commercial & Retail to name a few with project sizes ranging from £5-80m.
They currently find themselves in an excellent position, having already secured over £300m worth of construction projects for 2018 and as a result of this are looking to bolster their commercial team.
The company put relationships at the heart of everything that they do. This is reflected in the fact that they have used many of the same sub-contractors since their early days as a contractor and also enjoy an incredibly high-level of repeat business with clients that they have built solid professional relationships with.
Working closely alongside a Project Manager, you will take the commercial reins on a specific project and will be responsible for the commercial aspect of project delivery. The role reports into a Managing Quantity Surveyor. Typical roles and responsibilities include:
- Issuing sub-contract tender packages.
- Negotiating with suppliers and subcontractors.
- Attending post tender and pre-contract meetings.
- Reviewing of contract documents.
- Manage and maintain relationships with established list of supply chain sub-contractors.
- Assess contract risk.
- Attend internal and external commercial review meetings.
- Submission of client valuations and management of the variation account.
- Management of subcontract accounts from procurement to final account.
- Preparation and assistance with the evaluation and submission of claims for variation works.
You will be given the opportunity to earn up to £55,000 per annum. Car or car allowance is included in their benefits package as well as a competitive pension contribution and private healthcare. Aside from the tangible rewards, you will get the chance to work for one of the countries’ fastest growing Main Contractors that ensure that they put their employees at the heart of everything that they do.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job