Our client, a national Main Contractor with a regional office in Cambridgeshire have a fantastic opportunity for a Project Quantity Surveyor to join their busy Commercial team. As a business, they specialise in the construction of both new build and refurbishment projects within most sectors up to a value of CIRCA £20 million. You must be an experienced Quantity Surveyor ideally from a similar Main Contracting background with a recognised qualification within Quantity Surveying. The initial role is based in Cambridge however my client do have other sites throughout East Anglia and the Northern Home counties
Main skills and experience:
- Quantity Surveying background, with experience of contract terms and conditions review and risk mitigation.
- Good knowledge and understanding of construction contracts & contract law.
- Recognised qualification within Quantity Surveying.
- Deliver all work outputs in an accurate and timely manner.
- Strong communicator nurturing good working relationships with both Clients and team.
- Represent the Company in a Professional Manner at all times.
- Compile robust enquiries and analyse quotations / tenders for review with the project team and prepare Sub Contract orders.
- Analyse all possible opportunities to improve procurement arrangements to effect contract savings.
- Management of Sub-Contract accounts through to completion including valuations, payments, variations, forecast final accounts and contractual correspondence.
- Submission of interim applications for payment on time, ensuring that they are maximised whilst being realistic.
- Monitor monthly payments from client and ensure that all cash is collected on time.
- Ensure all variations are realised, produced, claimed and agreed (in writing) - ensure that no extra works take place without a written instruction in line with the requirements of the terms and conditions of contract.
- Production of final accounts for agreement with the Client.
- Attend to and action all contractual issues with the Client in agreement with the Senior Quantity Surveyor / Commercial Manager.
- Resolve contractual issues with supply chain wherever possible.
- Produce monthly cost reports on time, in conjunction with Project Managers - ensure that the true position is reported at all times.
- Attend regular meetings with Client to ensure account agreement is progressed.
- Attend monthly accounts meetings with the Senior Quantity Surveyor / Commercial Manager.
- Ensure extensions of time are properly managed in accordance with the Contract terms (with the support of the Senior Quantity Surveyor / Commercial Manager).
This is a fantastic opportunity to join an award-winning company who put a large emphasis on training and Development, as well as this a very competitive salary/package on offer.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'