Job Title - Project Planner
Location - Leeds Managed Station
Rates - £439.37 LTD/Umbrella or £383.62 PAYE
In Scope of IR35
About the role / project:
Working on the Leeds capacity enhancement programme.
- To interact and become a key member of the project delivery team providing a quality service to support the effective delivery of the project.
- To interact and support the effective information sharing / collection with all the project stakeholders in an appropriate manner.
- Prepare a project work breakdown structure and plan / schedule which is capable of delivering the project objectives and providing effective project performance measurement and reporting.
- To develop the appropriate quality plan / schedule in line with the project scheduling principles and processes.
- Monitor and progress the plan / schedule and make changes as required. Develop recovery schedules and contingency plans in order to meet changed objectives as necessary.
- Input the planning issues into the project's critical issues risk log. Review planning risks and monitor whether the risk register is updated accordingly.
- Report actual performance and variance against plan and forecast outcomes. Highlight key milestone and critical path issues to members of the team, provide an assessment of the impact of such issues and recommend solutions to correct the position.
- Monitor and audit contractor plans. Monitor contractor's planning processes so that they comply with Network Rail procedure requirements.
- Interrogate contractor's statement of progress for schedule adherence and payment purposes.
- Identify key resource requirements and monitor that these are properly booked and availability is maintained.
Your experience will include:
- Project planning
- Primavera P6
- Rail - ideal
- Governance planning - ideal
What you'll get in return
Network Rail (powered by Capita), understand what it is like to work as a contractor and do everything they can to make it a simple process for you - this includes a dedicated Onboarding and extension teams and access to a web based timesheet portal giving you an ability to access and submit your timesheets wherever you are.
About our client - Network Rail
Network Rail is at the operational centre of the railway and playing a key role in a rapidly evolving industry. We are responsible for rebuilding Britain's railway infrastructure and are managing some of the biggest and most complex engineering programmes in Europe. Over the next five years we will be spending around £23 billion to maintain and upgrade every aspect of an infrastructure that comprises 21,000 miles of track, 2,500 stations, 9,000 level crossings, 40,000 bridges and tunnels, and signalling and power for the movement of 25,000 trains every day.
What we hope you will do next
Help us find out more about you by completing our short application process - Click apply now. You will then be directed to a Capita owned microsite that will assist you with your application. Once completed you will then be contacted by the relevant recruiter.
Network Rail welcomes applications regardless of age, disability, marital status (including civil partnerships), pregnancy or maternity, race, religion or belief, sexual orientation, transgender status, sex (or gender), employment status, trade union affiliation, or other irrelevant factor. We will interview all disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria.
- <p><strong>Job Title - Project Planner</strong></p><p><stro
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'