Short-term, 2-3 month contract
An inter-governmental organisation aimed at promoting peace, democracy, human rights and development is looking for a Project Officer to support to join their Health Team on a short-term contract.
Your new role
The Health Project Officer will be responsible for providing technical project and administrative support to the health programme, specifically to support the delivery of the health programme, including the design, implementation and management of Pan-Commonwealth research and policy development; and strategic partnerships. Duties and responsibilities include: 1. Contributes to the Health strategic direction and operational planning, especially with respect to projects, research and policy work within the health work programme 2. Supports the positioning of the organisation as a thought leader in health development, and ensures the relevance and impact of health work, by:
- Contributing to research on key health issues and opportunities, and promoting knowledge sharing and exchange of the research findings to key stakeholders;
- Contributing to the development of context-specific research papers, resources, guidelines and training programmes, for use by member governments, health leaders and professionals; and
- Contributing to the building and nurturing of relationships and strategic partnerships with relevant stakeholders.
3. Supports the Health team by:
- Contributing to meet project management requirements, including monitoring and evaluation, of the ongoing projects being implemented within the Health Programme Section.
- Support the development of briefs, speeches, presentations and talking points for senior staff.
- Providing administrative support, including drafting of correspondences, procurement and processing payment related to the relevant projects.
- Representing the Commonwealth Secretariat in research, projects and policy networks, forums and meetings as delegated by the Health Adviser.
What you'll need to succeed
Applicants are expected to have at least one year of demonstrated work experience in designing and delivering projects. The work experience may be gained through a combination of paid employment, volunteer, placement or internship positions. Knowledge of cutting edge health development research and/or projects/policy work is highly desirable. Experience at a leadership level in a health-led social change initiative or representative organisation is highly desirable. Experience of working in developing countries is highly desirable. Experience of working in/with Government, intergovernmental or international NGO organisations is highly desirable.
What you'll get in return
My client is looking to bring someone in for 2-3 months while they wait for someone to join them permanently. The role falls in-scope of IR35 and is paying £19.86ph Premium PAYE / £22.60ph Umbrella LTD
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.