Job Title - Project Manager (IP)
Location - Manchester, Square One
Rates - up to £395.43 (Ltd) £350.10 (PAYE) per day In Scope of IR35
About the role / project:
Working in IP enhancements within Northern Programmes. Working on the train lengthening project involving 120 platform extensions to facilitate the longer rolling stock in the North. Focusing on the approval ending GRIP 3 to move into GRIP 4-8.
What you will do:
- Managing x 2 Scheme Project Managers
- Closeout of GRIP3
- Developing contracting strategy for GRIP 4-8
- Delivery of GRIP 4 - 8
- Deliver the project(s) safely to time, cost and quality, in accordance with the Guide to Railway Investment Projects (GRIP), applicable Railway Group, Network Rail company standards and other specific legislation including construction design management (CDM) Regulations.
- Provide a professional, first class, consistent and effective project management service to the clients, including project monitoring and reporting systems in accordance with Railway Group, Network Rail company standards and guidelines.
- Participate in the development of supply strategies and framework contracts.
- Provide detailed input for compilation of the business plan and production of the possessions plan.
- Control project change, risks and contingency within the project life cycle and provide all cost, contingency and programme details to enable the Sponsor to obtain authorisation for portfolios/projects
- Provide a safe working environment in the execution of work directly under the post holder's responsibility, including development of project safety plans and other associated documentation.
- Act as CDM Planning Supervisor as directed.
- Identify training needs in safety, technical and management areas for the personnel reporting to the post holder and contribute to their personal development.
- Undertake accident investigations when remitted to by the relevant designated competent person.
- Comply with the Investment Competence Framework.
Your experience will include:
- Rail - essential
- Project Management
- Project Management delivery experience in GRIP 4 - 8
What you'll get in return
Capita and our client understand what it is like to work as a contractor and we will do everything we can to make it a simple process for you - this includes dedicated on-boarding, extension teams and access to a web based timesheet portal giving you an ability to access and submit your timesheets wherever you are.
About our client
Our client is the largest rail infrastructure business in the country and is at the operational centre of the railway and playing a key role in a rapidly evolving industry. They are responsible for rebuilding Britain's railway infrastructure and are managing some of the biggest and most complex engineering programmes in Europe. Over the next five years they will be spending around £23 billion to maintain and upgrade every aspect of an infrastructure that comprises 21,000 miles of track, 2,500 stations, 9,000 level crossings, 40,000 bridges and tunnels, and signalling and power for the movement of 25,000 trains every day.
What we hope you will do next
Help us find out more about you by completing our short application process - Click apply now. You will then be directed to a Capita owned microsite that will assist you with your application. Once completed you will then be contacted by the relevant recruiter.
Our client welcomes applications regardless of age, disability, marital status (including civil partnerships), pregnancy or maternity, race, religion or belief, sexual orientation, transgender status, sex (or gender), employment status, trade union affiliation, or another irrelevant factor. We will interview all disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria.
- <p><strong>Job Title – Project Manager (IP)</strong></p><p>