SHL helps organisations assess, select and develop the right people for the right roles using proven, science-based assessments, technologies, consulting services and benchmark data.
This Project Manager role will be working in the SHL Talent Assessment’s Central Professional Services function, responsible for the management and coordination of custom implementation activities with our central delivery teams to ensure project success for our global clients.
• Project Planning:
o Scheduling activities and managing the progress of key project deliverables and critical dependencies across multiple projects/project types
o Coordinating and booking resources for delivery engagements, taking into account skill, knowledge and experience of staff
o Communicating resource assignments for delivery projects to internal and external stakeholders.
• Project Executing, Monitoring and Controlling:
o Tracking and coordinating updates with internal groups and work stream leaders to confirm project status, delivery timelines and resource allocation
o Tracking project scope; ensuring adherence to standard processes
o Tracking project scope; ensuring adherence to schedule and identify/ address/escalate issues, disputes, or objections that may impede success.
o Maintaining documentation and templates
• Stakeholder Management and Communications:
o Communicating ongoing project status to stakeholders and collaborators.
o Communicating and following up with appropriate parties to resolve exceptions
o Developing, running, and distributing reports to project stakeholders
• Problem Resolution:
o Investigating into project blockers, identifying root causes and providing problem resolutions to project teams and stakeholders
• Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent)
• 2+ years in a full-time Project Management role in a technical/IT project environment
• Proven experience in technical projects, with the ability to understand and communicate technical knowledge to non-technical stakeholders
• Clear understanding of sales and/or professional services environment
• Customer facing experience with strong client focus
• Strong written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills to articulate issues and solutions
• Strong and demonstrable problem solving/analytical skills
• Strong organisational skills and an attention to detail
• Ability to work as part of a self-directed team, in which you determine your tasks on a daily basis in coordination with co-workers rather than waiting for work to be assigned to you
• Strong PC skills including Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Visio
• A current qualification in Project Management (e.g. PMP, CAPM, Prince2) is highly desirable
• Knowledge in MS Project is advantageous
What SHL Can Offer You:
• A culture comprised of diverse, global teams who have a passion for collaboration and client service.
• Robust training, support, coaching, and on-the-job development to achieve career success.
• The ability to engage, influence and impact a broad array of the world's leading executives.
SHL, the global leader in talent innovation, helps companies transform productivity through deeper people insight. Powering the future of business, our data and tools are proven to drive stronger, more sustainable business outcomes.
Our unrivalled assessment science, benchmark data and analytics empower leaders and their teams to make confident, data-driven people decisions, when it matters most - transforming the way organisations recruit, manage and develop talent. With 40-years of talent expertise, we’re a trusted technology partner to more than 10,000 companies worldwide. We work with companies of all sizes in every industry across more than 150 countries, including 80% of the FTSE 100 and 50% of the Fortune Global 500.
- Information Systems
- Project Management
- Stakeholder Management