Senior Project Manager - Business Intelligence (BI)
We have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Project Manager within our IT Team based in Dunstable. You will take responsibility for delivering a number of small projects or a portfolio of larger IS Projects (both systems and business change projects) on time and to budget with excellent stakeholder engagement, ensuring future business and systems solutions delivered by the projects are simple and easy to use. This role will have a strong Business Intelligence (BI) focus.
Within this role you will:
- Take responsibility for the definition, documentation and successful completion of complex projects, directing and counselling project team members, and advising clients/users as necessary on all phases
- Ensure that realistic project, quality, and risk plans are prepared and maintained for projects and sub-projects. Monitors and controls team performance against plans. Maintains effective financial and project progress forecasting, and reports as appropriate
- Monitor and control allocated human and material resources, associated revenue costs and all capital costs against the project budget. Ensures that a change control procedure is in place, and actively used to assess the effect of changes to the projects on costs, timescale and/or resource needs and reports these to project sponsors
- Lead one or more project teams; allocating and monitoring tasks, motivating staff and appraising individual performance
- Ensure that projects are formally closed and, where appropriate, subsequently reviewed, and that lessons learned are captured and appropriate action taken.
- Evaluate and make recommendations/decisions on technical options as appropriate, actively contributing to organisation's technical strategies
- Define and make recommendations on the project management framework for projects, including creation and composition of the steering group or project board, identification of project sponsor and stakeholders
- Implement communications strategies, including, for example; handling of complaints; problems and issues; managing resolutions; corrective actions and lessons learned; collection and appropriate dissemination of relevant information appropriately
- Work within a defined organisation governance framework, which may be under the oversight and/or direction of a project/programme management office
- Act as the liaison between the customer and supplier organisations, owning the relationship regarding the contracts on behalf of the customer organisation, enabling all communications to take place effectively and efficiently. (The supplier of a service or system may be either internal or external)
- Implement supplier service improvement actions and programmes
What you'll need:
- Highly experienced working in a waterfall methodology
- Good grounding in traditional Project Management governance practices
- Passionate about technology
- Exceptional stakeholder management and communication skills; able to inspire and influence teams and senior exec alike
- Natural servant leader – good experience of coaching and developing others including in non-domain expertise
- Significant experience managing large projects and multiple, concurrent IT projects
- Advanced to expert level leadership and general management skills, including conflict resolution capabilities and outstanding negotiation skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects, assign and manage work activities, meet deadlines and develop project management reporting in a timely and effective manner